* Chapter 13 *

The maiden sped down the long halls of the Noldor's Palace, in search of those she was tasked to protect. Ah! How frustrated the elleth was, for she indulged too much in the worldly pleasures to the point she forgot about her task.

It was quite silent in the halls, for there was no soul in sight. Typically, one would think a Palace would be buzzing with guards, advisers and nobles. Due to such, Tinnuel knew that silence meant chaos. It was just so sudden, she heard the sound of bickering voices down the halls. Following the sound, the maiden was then met with an unpleasant sight.

The throne room was filled with noble men and woman, all crowding around two men, who seemed to be of royal status.

"Fëanaro is the one clad in armor and the one clad in blue is Nolofinwë.." Ëarmírë explained

"Ah.. I see.." Tinnuel nodded "though I find it quite odd that they are brothers, yet they act as if they are sworn enemies"

"It is odd indeed.." Ëarmírë sighed "yet... if your father were to wed another elleth and sire their children, would you not be angry?"

Tinnuel pondered a bit, for the spirit did have a point. If her mother were to do such a thing, she would be a tad upset.

"I would... yet time shall erode my anger.." Tinnuel responded.

Suddenly the whole crowd gasped in shock at the scene before them, for Fëanaro unsheathed his sword and pointed it towards his half-brother's neck. Such a sight caused both Tinnuel's and Ëarmírë's eyes to widen in shock.

The two brothers were then separated by their father, King Finwë. With an exchange of bitter words, Fëanaro and Nolofinwë parted ways. Soon the crowed left the halls, leaving only Tinnuel and Ëarmírë alone.

"Well then.." The spirit sighed

"I hope I never get in Fëanaro's bad side.."