☆part seventeen☆

✰   ✰   ✰   ✰   ✰  ✰   ✰   ✰   ✰   ✰  ✰   ✰   ✰

a bottle crashing. the sound of a wall being punched. footsteps that echo throughout the hall. the bathroom. hes found him.

"tUBBO!! whereds you goOooo~" a voice broke through tubbos thoughts, and he hugged his knees closer to his chest.

'hes going to catch me in here...' he thought, clenching and tugging the shower curtain over quietly in hopes that it would help him hide better.

schlatt began swearing gently, then slammed the wall again, making tubbo jump.

"toby where the HELL ARE YOU..?!"

there was a sudden sound, like a realization. and tubbo could hear the door creek open. he shook his head as the drunken schlatt stepped forward, ripping the curtains off their rod with a grin on his face.

"found you..."

"AH-!!" tubbo shrieked, blinking and feeling around to get a sense of where he was. ranboo, somehow, lay sleeping beside him.

"hey..." he began shaking his arm gently, getting more and more aggressive as he became more and more impatient.

"wh-huh? tubbo..?" ranboo sat up, blind to the darkness. he felt tubbo grab and pull onto him, gripping his hand tightly. he was shaking, his breaths loud and deliberate. tears rolled down his cheeks, but he turned away so ranboo wouldnt get burnt.

"....another bad dream?"

he nodded between sniffles, wiping his eyes fully, then holding onto his friend again. it didnt take him long to fall back asleep, and ranboo set him back beside him, pulling him close before dozing off himself.

✰   ✰   ✰   ✰   ✰  ✰   ✰   ✰   ✰   ✰  ✰   ✰   ✰

ranboo yawned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. he looked over to where tubbo should have been sleeping, but instead were crumpled sheets.

panic set in as the enderman stood, looking over to see a small white sheet on tubbos desk.

'needed to go out to talk to someone. ill be back as soon as possible. love tubbo~'

ranboo ground his teeth, crumpling up the paper and throwing it.

"dammit!!" he swore, immediately going to their closet to get changed. if he knew tubbo- and he pretty much did, he knew exactly where he was headed. 'who else would he have had a nightmare about?'

michael and ranboo set out into the snow, going south from where they lived. michael didnt talk much- he was too worried about his dad to start up  a conversation. ranboos thoughts swarmed in his head, him wondering how he could have changed this or done better.

they approached the old house, the smell of rotting wood almost sickening. the door was hanging from only one of its hinges, creating enough of a gap for someone to slip through. ranboo immediately felt relief, but wouldnt stop now. there was still a small chance schlatt was still living here, so he held onto michael and slowly crept into the house.

"uh.. dada..?" michael whispered very quietly into ranboos ear.

"hm?"

michael stopped, sensing the tension. he wanted to tell his dad he didnt like it in there, but was scared hed get mad and yell or hate him forever.

"hm??" ranboo finally looked to michael, confused. he shook his head, gripping harder to his fathers jacket.

ranboo slowly made his way through the house, the different rooms and smells causing him to pause every so often. he made it to the back of the house where there was a door slightly ajar, the light on. there was someone inside.

slowly he pulled the door away, sighing in relief for a second time as he saw his husband staring down at the ground.

"papa!!!!" michael jumped out of ranboos arms, immediately feeling back to normal.

"tubbo are you okay man..?" he moved forward, pulling tubbos face upward to inspect any other damage. tubbo looked away.

"toby whats wrong??" ranboo asked, more concerned. he pulled his face toward him again, but this time tubbo reached up.

pwap

the tall half enderman backed up in shock, staring down at his arm with a frown. tubbos hands fell to his sides, and he shook his head.

"did you not read the note..?" his voice was quiet, his tone much darker than usual.

"..i.... i did.."

"then WHY..? WHY DID YOU FOLLOW ME???" tubbo began shouting, and michael backed up, holding onto ranboos pants.

"i was just... we were worried and..-"

"i dont want you worrying about me!! this isnt your business! i can handle things on my own. if you went out and left a note, i would leave it up to you! but you just dont fucking get that do you?" his voice shook as he spoke, causing ranboo to flinch. his ears were down and he was looking away, trying his hardest not to cry.

"im... im sorry-"

"sorry doesnt cut it. this place is.. well you wouldnt even know would you?? i want you to leave me alone. i dont want you or michaels help. get out." his words cut into ranboos heart, and he slowly picked up michael, his head down, quietly walking away.

the two were silent for a very long time until they approached the mansion. instead of going in however, ranboo turned and began walking towards the portal connecting snowchester to everyone else.

"were going to go on a walk okay?"

michael nodded, and they set off towards the woods where they would spend the next hour or two trying to piece together what had just happened.