Prologue

Proof-red and Edited - April 7th, 2023

Author's Note: Since season 2 is almost out ima just make y'all a fun little fanfic. I'm doing this cause I'm also tired of seeing Chishiya being out of character in some fanfics. I've read his wiki, I've studied him, I talked to Nijiro himself and shifted to Chishiya without changing the script, TRUST ME! I GOT THIS! (Don't I'm literally going to kill you at the end (imjoking (or am i?))). Without further ado, here's how you were born and how you got some Daddy Issues 👁👅👁

____________________________________

Hatter's POV

The doors opened and the doctors came out. "Sir, we need your signature here to put the baby up for adoption.
"Adoption? Who said anything about adoption?" They back away a little in confusion. "The mother.. said you guys agreed on putting the bab-" "THAT WOMAN DOESN'T KNOW ANY BETTER!" Mori-chan steps up and tells me to calm down, but I can't. If there's proof that the baby exists, my money is all gone. "Please, let me have the child..."

I need to kill it...

____________________________________

Opening the door to my shady house, I put my stuff down and put the baby on the couch. Mori-chan had other plans. "Danma, it's barely 10 minutes old. It's not worth it..." I looked back at the baby in anger and stared at it for a moment. Its eyes are already open and used to the light. It looked like it knew so much. It reminded me of my younger years. So innocent, but it can be so twisted.. "Me? Having a child?"

"You should have thought about that when you knocked her up." Oh, shut up. I did it for sex. If she told me she was off the pill, I wouldn't have made the move. "Mori-chan, I just think that the kid is a curse. Why else did she go off the pill?"
"You raped her -" "Like she didn't do the same with me?!" Working as a gigolo has its ups and downs. Sure, it was fun, and the money was worth it, but the girls can be irritating at some point. "Fine! Only because you're a softie." Aguni was a softie on some points. He was tough, yeah, but this dude is a baby!

However, he is quite smart. Most of my decisions in life were all because of Aguni. He was always there since we were 16. Now that we're no longer minors, we need to be careful. "However, I'll give it a year. If that kid doesn't meet my expectations, you take it." Mori-chan nodded.

And I did. I kept it for a year.
Two years.
Four years.
Sixteen years.
I kept it even when I had to go.

This child was something. And I live in regret that I raped its mother, how I almost killed this child when it was born, and how I lost my sanity right in front of it...

But during my time with it, it grew on me...

She was my kid. And I did nothing to deserve her. So I gave her tips every day when she turned 4.

____________________________________

(Y/n)'s POV

Tears came out of my eyes. My dad rubbed my back for comfort. The hospital was silent as the doctors opened the door when I told them I didn't believe them. I know people go, but I didn't think my grandpa would leave this early. The only piece of him was now his building. But it wasn't enough. This wasn't fair...
"(Y/n).. I know I already gave you a tip today, but please remember that death is not merely a medical failure to be recorded and a body to be disposed of.... it is a life and a person to be honored."
I nodded, and it wasn't long before we had to go and plan the funeral. However, Dad never got the letter of testament.
Because of that, we never received the money he might have had for us or told us what to do with his body or any of his wishes. Grandpa was a guy who was always organized, so it was out of character that he didn't make one and instead give the money to someone else or the "big guys." Dad's friend, Aguni, said that we could have his hat shop, but that was it. With that, Dad decided to take ownership of it.