The Past

Y/n's POV

Waking up to the sound of music blasting so loud is just annoying.

I got up and looked around. It was morning. Maybe. However, I was still outside. Right where I blacked out, on the roof. Wow, so Chishiya did leave me up here. I mean, who can blame him?

I walked over to the opening and went inside the Beach.

Alone with my thoughts again, my mind was clouded. It seemed Chishiya knew about everything. 'The money was the price. The box held the camera.'

The picture contains.. my younger self...

I didn't exactly know what happened and even when I grew up and finally understood what was wrong, I chose to ignore it and came up with a different backstory. Dad didn't even try to kill me, Mom did. I never liked my grandfather and neither did my Dad. Aguni-san knows about it too, yet we all decided to keep living like nothing happened. And I'm going to keep it that way. Just Aguni-san, Father, and I. Chishiya was just lucky enough to be involved. That dreaded creature told Chishiya everything during his stay at the hospital. I should've known. And the Testimony... we knew about it but we wanted nothing to do with that monster. His money meant nothing. And that box... the fact he even mentioned it...

I knew I needed to get out of here so I could finish the job instead. His right to live on Earth with a dead bed wasn't enough.

'Money. The Hat Shop wasn't enough. And me being born a female, it was perfect. Chikao had the idea to use me for his benefit, for two whole damn years.'

Now that Chishiya knows, I just know for sure he'll blackmail me. Shit, he knows a little too much. I should've listened and kept my distance. And my head hurts while my heart feels like it's going to rip apart if I just keep walking through these hallways-

"Danma! There you are."

An executive came running towards me, out of breath. "Is there something you need?" I asked rudely. Obviously, I needed space right now. "We're holding a meeting and we.. well.. some of us agree that you should come in." The fuck? "What do you mean some of us?" Before he could respond, Niragi's voice could be heard. Wait a minute, were we talking and walking at the same time? I didn't even notice the door in front of us.

"Hey! Who told you to get the girl?" The male executive showed fear but his stance was still strong. "N-Niragi, she has to know.." Oh boy, he stuttered. Pierced man smirks at him, still angry and upset. "Too bad. She's not going in. We already have an unwanted guest inside." I rolled my eyes at him as I crossed my arms in front of Niragi. "Then why is he there? Who let him inside and why is it so important for him to see other than me?!"

"Oh shut it doll face. It's that depressed freak Arisu anyway. Chishiya let him in saying he needed to see this." His arm was tossed to my side like we were buddies of some sort. "I tried to stop him, I really did! I wouldn't let that slide since our dear Ms. Danma is in charge." I pushed his arm off and ruffled his hair. "Dude, if you did try, I would've walked into a crime scene filled with Arisu's and Chishiya's blood." How disappointing that is, ain't it. In the corner of my eye, however, was Ann. She rushes in, like she's worried about something, and sees the situation. "Niragi." She says in a stern voice. "Open the doors." He looks at her with a smirk before eyeing me. "I can't do that." Ann then looks at me, her eyes filled with guilt and her lip almost trembling. "Y/n, look.." She looks back at Niragi and for a split second, she closes her eyes and nods. Niragi smiles before walking towards the big doors and opening them. The male executive walks in and takes his place while Ann rubs my back.

I was still confused about what was going on. Why were they staring at me? Does this meeting have anything to do with me?

Ann pushes me inside slowly, as she walks in with Niragi, the two closing the doors instead. They stood there as I kept walking. All eyes were on me and I could tell the atmosphere was heavy. Sad even. It's like they were feeling some type of pity. My eyes laid on Arisu, his body shaking, then at Chishiya, his smile barely visible. He nodded with closed eyes as I walked further in.