The Garden

Proof-red and Edited - April 8th, 2023

____________________________________

Kuina was an angel.

I mean, she didn't look much at first, but wow I might have a lady crush. It's only been days and she's already open with me. I feel bad that she got sucked in when her mother needed her the most.

When she asked for my mom, I didn't even know how to answer. Of course, the silence kinda scared her but I reassured her that she wasn't dead. Maybe. I wasn't sure. I didn't know anything about my mom.
Would things be different? My whole life I didn't question it. I was home-schooled so I was never bullied or anything. My grandpa along with the lady that always comes were my teachers. My life was just okay. There wasn't anything wrong. I'm just motherless. It didn't affect me. My dad was a pretty great father. Aguni is like an uncle to me. My grandpa...
Wait, my grandpa...
We never got the letter. That always bothered me. I remember him telling me that he wrote something in that letter of testament when he knew his time was coming. It was something little he wanted me to do, but we never got it...
I remember being little and I would cry cause I wouldn't get to do his favor. It wasn't like him. They said they never got one, therefore we couldn't receive anything except for the shop.
That was the only thing depressing about my life. Besides questioning why my dad put Danma as my last name instead of Boshiya. The only answer I got was that my dad's name was much superior and wanted that name to live on them Boshiya, later on changing my legal last name.

So why was I here?
In the Borderlands?

"Hey Kui-"
"Kuina"

I was cut off when I was about to finish our fun little conversation. I look up from the stairs me and Kuina were sitting, chatting our lives away. Chishiya's eyes were on me. Like a predator or a ruler of some sort. Kuina quickly got up and smiles. "I'm sorry Y/n but I got some errands to do. Talk to you later?" I nod and she proceeded to go up the stairs and walk with Chishiya. His eyes still stuck on me until they left.

This man just took my only friend...
Bitch.

I was about to get up when a bigger person came and sat next to me.
"Hey, little one." Aguni was sitting next to me. If he stays any longer, people are going to use that soft spot against him. "Go away, they're going to look at you weirdly." He only laughed and shrugs. "I won't mind." Liar.
"What happened?" "It's about your father." My father? "Ever since he killed those people..."
When the number 3 rule came to light. It was scary how he killed the 'traitors' instead of talking them out. But you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. "That's still scaring you?"
"You didn't mind it?" No, I didn't.

"But I do wish he didn't take violence. It would've been better if we talked it out or kick them out of the Beach." Niragi was even surprised.
Aguni 'hmms' and nods. "He's not the same person." At this point, I was confused about what he was saying. My dad was different? "These people are changing him. A so-called hero by sacrificing citizens." I shrug. "He's doing that for a purpose. It was bound to happ-"
"Y/n, I don't want you to talk like that." I jump as his voice got louder. He was no longer sitting next to me but was standing next to me, looking down. "I don't want you to turn out like Takeru."
What the hell is he saying? I got up from my spot and look up at him. "Aguni-san." The way he said that... angered me.

My dad wasn't changing. He's still loving, and smart and is only doing what needs to be done. Turning out like my dad? I am different! Of course, I am. What does he think?!

"I'm not sure what your problem is, but whatever it is, we're perfectly fine." Aguni only gave me a cold stare, but his eyes told a different story. "I'll be fine. You worry too much. If anything happens or if I need mental help you know I'll come to you besides my dad." Aguni sighs and uncrosses his arms. I'm still curious about what he means though. My dad was perfectly fine. Well... somewhat.. but you get the point.
"Well, I got a date tomorrow so I gotta go. Besides, it's not a good look if you're next to me, chatting instead of yelling." Right when I said that, a couple of people were suddenly in our sight.

"Don't do it again or I'll have you dead by 12. Got that!" I look at Aguni, 'scared' at his statement. The people stop in their tracks and quickly turn away. This is going to start rumors... Aguni pats my head. "Who's the lucky guy?" I started to laugh. "It's not a date! I'm only playing around. But, I am going to meet up with Chishiya."
"The Hatter's favorite?" I nod. "He took a toll on me, I guess my dad was caught on his fingertips as well." Aguni chuckles and puts his hands down. "Be careful, he seems suspicious."
And that's what makes it fun.
"He has the Danma family in his palms." In a way, Chishiya does. He has the boss like him, and the boss's daughter. He was interesting, but I was only going to meet up with him for fun. "I'm a Daddy's girl. One wrong move and the Hatter suddenly won't like him anymore." I walk up the stairs and left Aguni, chuckling at my statement.

I heard some shuffling when I rounded the corner, and was suddenly met with Kuina, who looks like she had just gotten done with her business. "Y/n! Hey.." I smile at her and gesture we talk while we walk towards the roof. "You done with Kitty?" "Kitty?" She asked confused. "Chishiya."
"Ohhh, yeah. He just needed some help with something. I heard you're going to a game with him?" I nod as we walk towards the door. "Yep. It's a date." She almost trips and her stick fell out. Gladly I caught it before it reached the dirty floor of the rooftop. "A DATE?!" "I'm joking! You really think Chishiya is the type of person to even know how to love?"

"Pfft, not really but I was hoping." Hoping? "What you like him?" She fake gags and she takes the stick back from my hand. "Ewww, I deserve better. But I meant it with you." I sat down, my legs crossed, confused at her sentence. "Me?" She copies my actions next to me. "He seems to talk a lot about you." Chishiya is talking about me? I knew he was obsessed. Pretty happy with myself though. "He seems to take a liking to you. You're smart, generous, and crazy." Rude. "I'm not that crazy. Although I might be mad crazy." She laughs. "Maybe..." She was about to say something when she cut herself off. "Was your dad always like this?"

It's got me thinking. Aguni thinks he's changed. And I'm turning out to be like him? We're fine though. I don't get it. "I guess..." I didn't know anymore. If my dad is surely changing, and I'm like him, was it an issue?

Kuina nods and looks down at the people. "Well, it's getting late. I'm heading to sleep. I'll wake you up." I look up at her as she stands up. "For what?"
"The date."
I grin at her. "He's not going to like that." She shrugs and before she could go, she asked one last question. "Also, I've been wondering, why is Aguni in charge of the militants instead of Hatter? Is there some rivalry...?" I get up from my stance and looked out at the people below us. Watching them dance the night away when they'll die tonight. "Aguni-sa-" I stop myself for a moment. "Aguni and my dad hated each other for a long time. During our games, we seem to bump into him while we were working on the Beach. Aguni wanted some power, so my dad was nice enough to play good cop bad cop on him." I lied.
The Beach doesn't know anything about the relationship between Aguni and my dad and me. It was hidden for a reason. Knowing Aguni's soft spot, would hurt his reputation and people would've broken the rules 24/7, not taking him seriously. He saved my life before it even started.
He was here for reason too. Not for the guns and all, but to keep people like Last Boss in place. People like Niragi. And man were they quite scary.

Well, maybe not Niragi. He's smart enough not to play with me and thankfully he keeps his distance to not get in trouble. However, we have chatted before. He was a psychopath, reminding me of a certain blondie in a way. He was funny and he was quite charming but he's scary nonetheless.

Then again, these are the boys in my world.

Twisted guys who I happen to reach their softie side.

Twisted guys... was my dad one of them...?

Is Aguni even right?

____________________________________

"WAKE UP SLEEPYHEAD! IS THE DAY OF YOUR DATE!"