The Borderlands

Proof-red and Edited - April 7th, 2023

____________________________________

"DAD, STOP!" I yelled before he went.

My heart stopped at the sight...

____________________________________

Insert Flashback

"There are now 20 players." Fucking robot shit is starting to get on my nerves. After discovering one of the huge parks that had lights, we entered, and to our surprise, there were people. "Well, will you look at that? There are people!" Aguni nods at my fathers' statement. "So you guys are new?" A tall guy with a creepy smile came to us. "New? I'm so confus-" I was cut off by him as he began to speak.

"Welcome to Borderland! Where you CAN'T escape! You have to play deadly games if you want to keep living and earn visas. Each game is a different category! Spades means they are games of Physical Strength! Diamonds-"
"Wait each category is based on the playing cards?" This time I cut him off. He only smirked and nodded. "Diamonds will test your Intelligence. Clubs are a game of Balance. So a mixture of Spades and Diamonds. And then we have Hearts." We waited for him to finish.
"Well.. hearts... it's all about Psychology."
I nodded as I tried to remember the information. Aguni and my dad suddenly asked the same question. "So wha-" "Then what is this game?" The guy laughed a little and shrugged. "Nobody knows until registration closes."
When he said that I could tell he was lying. My dad and Aguni went to pick something up while I kept looking at the guy. He only smiled. "Spades." I nodded but before I could go, he grabbed my wrist and gave me a piece of paper. "You seem smart. I think you deserve to know." I was confused but decided to go along with it.

"(Y/n), here."
"Thanks, Aguni." It was a phone with facial recognition. Not sure how, but whatever it was, it was starting to make me a bit scared.

"Registration has now closed." I look around and, there were a lot of people...

"The game will now commence
There are a total of 27 participants
Game: Wiped
Difficulty: 8 of Clubs
Rule: There are 15 obstacles that you have to get through. Each obstacle will get harder by the next. Each player will receive a number to place on who will go first. Clear the obstacles for Game Clear. Cheating will result in Game Over. Not clearing the obstacles by the time limit will receive in game over. Please get in line to start the game.
Time Limit: 30 Minutes"

17

I look at my dad, who seemed to be smiling. He showed us his number. 6. Aguni showed his as well. 19.

We all went in line and after waiting for a couple of seconds. Our phones dinged.

"Time starts now."
The lights went on from a big light machine...? Thing...? And showed us the many obstacles we had to clear. It was like those gaming shows... The park was huge and the courses were massive. Since we had to climb up here, one wrong move and you'll die instantly at this height.

The first course tested your speed. The second looked like it will hurt your arms. So on and so forth, they all looked different. And one by one they suddenly became more difficult to understand.