Chapter 12| A dress?

A few days after my ceremony Loki took me to the market. We needed the publicity, people needed to know about their new rulers. I wore the rign he gave me back on earth and a long, tight fitting forest green dress with a black corset. Loki wore Asgaurdian leather and armour.

We tried not to look like a married couple, a couple but not married.

We roamed the market, looking at stalls, talking to people. We came to a point where there was only one direction to go, it lead into a forest. Loki said he'd never been there before. So we went through it. Large trees towered over us.
There was a path. It led to a lake, it glowed ominously. How could Loki never seen it? He'd lived in Asgard for a thousand years.

"Its gorgeous," I comments.

"That may be true but you, dove. You are far more stunning than a lake."

He made me blush. We walked by the lake and I took this chance to push him in. As I did Loki grabbed my arm and pulled me in with him. Loki held by body close to his. My dress was extremely heavy from the water so Loki was the only thing keeping me from drowning. I wrapped my legs around him and pulled I'm in for a kiss. I lasted a good few seconds before we pulled away and got out.

Loki dried himself. I couldn't do anything about myself. With that we left.

People stared as they saw us. There were whispers.
"I don't like this, how the stare.." I tell Loki.
He places his hand on my back and rubs it. "They've noticed we are not married, that is all" He replies.

I tried to ignore them as we arrived.

-------
I went and changed into a night dress. I didn't care if it was 5pm. I was so comfortable. A knock rang at our door.
"Yes, who is it?" Loki asks.

A young girl opens the door. "Hello you majestys, I've have brought your supper." She places a tray on the table.

She curtseys and takes her leave.

It was a soup. No idea what was in it but later that night it caused me to be sick. Oh and not just once a few times.
Loki seemed to be fine though.
"God what if the people really hate me and are trying to kill me off" I said after moving away from the toilet.

"Oh dove, don't say that they love you."

I rolled my eyes they obviously didn't.
"Dove, they do. Don't stress about  it. You don't have time to. You need to get some sleep, you've got alot to do."

I went to the large bed and curled up and I felt Loki slip in beside me. I slowly dozed off.

-----
I woke up to Loki playing with my hair. He was careful. I yawned making him realise I was awake.
He went to move his hand as placed mine on top of his keeping it in place. Smiles broke out from the both of us. I had my head in a position where I could see his. This moment was one I never wanted to end. I felt safe, loved.

"Dove, are you ready for a day full of monarch activities?" Loki asked.

"When you say 'monarch activities' does that me: meetings, stress, and many other things that'll keep me busy?" I responded hoping for a no.

To my disappointment it was a firm 'Yes'.

I sighed I didn't want to be in meetings all day. What would we talk about? How much I suck as Queen?

---------
Turns out it was all we'd talk about.
"You have been ruling beside King Loki for 6 days now, and what have you done? Absolutely nothing." One of my advisors commented.

I listened carefully to every criticising word they said. More and more fell from their big gobs. Would they dare to say this about Loki? Call him 'a mistake' or say that 'he's only doing this for power and authority'. Loki'd have them dead if they'd said that to him.

"I'm sorry, but if all you plan to do is, name call and be absolute bitchs then you will no longer be my advisors," I stated.

It went silent. I snapped back they hadn't expected it. But as Queen I will show that I can defend myself. Especially when it comes to people below me.

That meeting ended quickly, I headed to the throne room where I assumed Loki would be. To my surprise he wasn't. But a young lady, one I knew I'd seen before, was waiting by the door.
"Your majesty." She curtsed.
I bowed my head to her. "I am Marie, King Loki has asked me to help you pick out dresses," Marie informed me.c

"For what?" I was completely confused.

"Oh, he hasn't told you. Be patient he will soon," the girl replies. That kind of annoyed me.
Marie passed me three pictures. Each of dresses.

1) Blue ball gown with golden accents, golden shoes, sapphire jewellery and pink lips and blue shimmer shadow.

2) a black dress she stopped above the ankles, a corset, a small black bag. Silver earrings and lots of other jewellery. Eyeliner, black and white ombre lips and dark shadow.

3) Tight purple mermaid dress, black heels and natural make up.

I chose f/d (favourite dress). We got some fitting done. But what in the nine could need me a new dress? I already have thousands of dresses that Loki has spoilt me with.

As I time went by not a moment went by where I didn't think about what the dress was for.

It must be special..

~~~~~~~~
I'm really excited tbh, only over the black dress though.

Anyway sorry for the lack of chapters!
Stay safe Xx

~Tay <3