Chapter One: No, It's A Wolf; What Else

* References to implied rape below *

                                                                                ☆━━━━━━━━ - ━━━━━━━☆

               [ Fayenyra's point of view ]

Darkness, Do you know the saying when the past always comes back to haunt you and bite you in the literal ass. Well, they were right, you can't run forever; there's always a shadow stalking you in the night.

How do I know this, well I've been trying to break free of my fucked-up past. Yet, for some reason, the past keeps restraining me from creating a better future for myself and my older sister.

My name is Fayenyra Mikaelson, I know a weird name; you can thank my mother for that. I come from a long of the tales you hear about creatures that go bumping in the night.

The school behind me is for people like me, well, or should I say werewolves, vampires, and witches. The Salvatore School has no limitations in accepting any kind of breed. 

"The Salvatore School, which resides in the heart of Mystic Falls, is no typical school. It's a home for those of us who are different, who are lost, who are alone. It's a haven where we are taught how to control our abilities, our instincts, our curses. Where we can be ourselves without being scared of being judged.

I recalled the first time I set foot on its premises. I shivered as a flower caught in the wind, anxious.  But when I walked through the entrance, it gave me an overall feeling of belonging which I had never experienced before. I was at home.

There, I came across a wide range of different species, all with their own story, difficulties, and afflictions.  Several were born with supernatural abilities, whereas some were cursed or transformed against their will. We equally had one thing in common, though: we were all seeking to discover our way in a world that didn't understand us.

Yet within this secure sanctuary, my heritage seeps back in, as an enigmatic ghost that refuses to depart.  The choices that I made in the life I have taken haunt me every day in my conscience.

Though, I have my sister with me who tries her best to keep me from sinking into darkness. Even, she battles with her inner demons, her dark previous past.

We hold on each other close making sure the other doesn't sink below to the ground. We keep our fire going, blazing high.

But, what happens when our fire begins to blow out and an even bigger fire comes our way? Would we burn in the flames or would we triumph our way out of it?

I guess you'll have to wait and see, for this is just the beginning of a long road ahead. You might want to make yourselves comfortable, for this story is a stony ride.