𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

[ Fayenere is 5 years old]

            ━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

It was a bright and chilly morning, Fayenyra was sitting on a tree branch reading her favorite book Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

Animals surrounded all around her chirping and emerging in the trees. The chil air filled her as she let herself emerge in the amazing  adventures of Greg Heffley. The young Mikaelson girl dreamed of being part of a  world filled with happiness and laughter rather than the dangerous reality she lived in.

As she flipped through the pages, a squirrel captured her attention. It scuttered up the tree trunk and sat down on a branch nearby, feeling drawn to the young Mikaelson girl

She smiled up at the adorable creature, raising her hand and stroking the little squirrel on its head gently. The squirrel whistled jumping into her lap.

Fayenera continues to fondle the squirrel and place her book down. " Hello, little one. " My name is Fayenera."

The squirrel whistled out again glancing up at the young girl and said. " Hello, Fayenera, it's nice to meet you; my name is Zeb."

Fayenera's eyes enlarged at what she had just heard, glancing at the squirrel in shock. " You can talk."

Zeb glanced up at the young girl in shock and replied. " You can understand me."

The young Mikaelson girl nodded and said. " Yeah, I don't know why. " I thought animals can't talk.

" Of course, we can, " Zeb said, smiling. " Through, only to other animals.

" But, it seems you're different from other humans."

" Fay " a familiar voice ranged out.

Fayenera tilted her head down seeing her sister Hope standing there with a man.

" What are you doing up there, Fay? " Hope asked.

" I'm exploring, " Fayenera replied, climbing higher up the tree.

Hope shook her head at her sister not understanding her obsession with nature. " Can you come down please, I have someone I want you to meet."

Fayenera rolled her eyes, not wanting to live her tree just yet. " Okay, fine."

The young Mikaelson girl slowly climbed down the tree using the tree branches as a resource. Once she was on the ground she glanced up at Hope with a questionable look.

" Who do you want to introduce me to? " Fayenera said. " I hope it's not those strange people again from this morning, I mean they are nice but they're strangers.

Klaus glanced up at his youngest daughter, tears welling in his eyes at seeing her again. The last time he had seen her was when she was a baby.  " She looks just like Aless " he thought tearfully.

Hope glanced at her sister shaking her head at the tone she was using and said. " They aren't strangers, they're our family." And, this man here is our father."

The young Mikaelson girl's eyes widened at what she was hearing, glancing up and she looked at the man in front of her not seeing the resemblance between them.

She cleared her throat and spoke. " But, I don't look anything like him or the rest of her family.

" Am I adopted?." Fayenera asked, glancing up at her father.

The hybrid shook her head at his daughter smiling, he knelt in front of her gently grabbing her hand with his, and said. " No, my little dragon you aren't."

" You take after your mother, " Klaus said, tearfully staring at his youngest daughter deeply.

" You see Fay like I told you, you are a Mikealson! " Hope exclaimed, smiling at her younger sister.

Fayenera smiled at her father immediately jumping into his arms.

The hybrid instantly embraced his younger daughter back smiling.

" Where have you been all this time? " Fayenera asked, breaking the hug.

" Yeah, where have you been? " Hope added, glancing at her father crossing her arms against her chest.

Klaus glanced at his daughter with a nervous expression on his face unsure how to tell them. How could he tell them that he had been imprisoned for years by his ex-adopted son Marcel, that was far too graphic for them to hear.

He cleared his throat and spoke. " Well, little one I had some stuff I had to take care of overseas."

Fayenera and Hope glanced at one another, not buying their father's excuse. " What kind of things?" They asked, in harmony

" Some business things " He lied.

" Does that mean you'll have to leave again? " Hope asked.

" You won't leave us again, will you? " Fayenera said, glancing at her father deeply.

Klaus nodded at them and said. " I will never leave you two ever again, I will always be here for you girls."

" Pinky square, " They said, holding out their pinkies in front of him.

The hybrid linked his finger around their pinkies, squeezing them gently. " Pinky square."

The girls smiled at their father jumping into his arms, and hugging him tightly.

Klaus embraced his daughters back, hugging them back with a stronger force, not knowing he would break his promise one day.

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━