Chapter Eleven: Mission Impossible

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

"Due to the recent increase in monster activity, Sheriff Donovan and I have decided it's crucial to take drastic measures," Alaric informed his students, urging their full attention.

Fayenyra sat down beside Hope, she scanned the room in search of Rafael, only to discover his absence.

"As Dr. Saltzman mentioned, Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux, local girls, didn't return home last night. While Dana occasionally disappears to party, this is a first for Sasha," Sheriff Mac informed the students.

"Thank you, Sheriff Mac," Alaric acknowledged.

"Now, since the Mystic Falls High knife is with Dorian and things seem calm on his end, it's best to prepare for the worst," he continued.

"We need volunteers to go to Mystic Falls High, posing as part of an exchange program aimed at fostering better relations between our schools," Alaric explained, acknowledging the necessity given recent events.

"You'll have permission to use compulsion and gather materials for locator spells. Any information we can obtain will make a significant difference."

Lizzie, interrupting the discussion, stood up and began speaking, prompting Faith to roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Well, I suppose I can put aside my differences with Dana for a day because that's what heroes do," Lizzie declared dramatically.

The young Mikealson girl scoffed. " Always the drama queen,"

"I volunteer as a tribute!" Lizzie exclaimed.

"And just because she fought one gargoyle, now she's Mother Teresa," Hope chimed in, causing Fayenyra to smirk.

"She's far from being Mother Teresa," Fayenyra commented.

"I'm in," Kaleb spoke up, standing up, and immediately MG, who was seated next to him, followed suit. "Count me in too."

Fayenyra and Hope exchanged glances before standing up. "We'd like to help as well."

Alaric stared at them in shock but soon smiled, while the rest of the students murmured among themselves.

"Wade," Fayenyra turned her head to look at him, "are you staying this time?

" I'm looking into my parents " Wade explained.

The young Quadbrid nodded knowing how important it was to her friend to get some answers.

                      ———————

Later on, Fayenyra was in the gym training with Hope and Dr. Saltzman.