Chapter Sixteen: Unglued

           ━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

Fayenyra strolled through the school grounds, lost in her own thoughts. Suddenly, she heard a loud groaning nearby. Curiosity piqued, she followed the noise and was met with a shocking sight: Landon lying on the ground, while Jed ruthlessly kicked and beat him.

Without hesitation, the young Mikealson girl sprang into action. She rushed toward Jed, forcefully pulling him off Landon and wrestled him to the ground. "You despicable coward!" Jed shouted, attempting to retaliate. But, she swiftly twisted his hands, causing Jed to cry out in pain.

As her eyes turned a piercing shade of yellow, she raised her hand. Sharp claws emerged from her fingertips, and she viciously slashed Jed's face, eliciting a pained yelp from him.

Getting up from the ground, she hurried over to check on Landon. "Are you alright?" she asked with concern.

Landon nodded in response. She then redirected her attention to Jed, who lay on the floor with a bloodied face. "So, you enjoy bullying others, huh? Making them your victims," Fayenyra voice echoed with fury, her rage steadily escalating.

Suddenly, she found herself unleashing a flurry of kicks and punches towards Jed, her actions guided by a mysterious force within her. She couldn't help but draw parallels between Jed and her rapist , who had assaulted her, made her feel vulnerable, physically dominated her, and stolen her innocence. Jed's actions towards Landon were eerily similar - he was trying to prove his superiority, demonstrating his power by beating on someone weaker whenever he felt like it.

After surviving a near disastrous event, Fayenyra felt a strong urge to protect young girls and boys from bullies and assaulters. Witnessing Jed's relentless assault on Landon had triggered something within her - Landon was just as helpless as she had been, with no one around to come to his rescue when he needed it the most.

" Fayenyra, Fayenyra , stop it!" Landon cried out in agony. "Please, stop. You're hurting him. He's not worth it. Please, he's not worth it." The young Kirby boy's pleas resonated in her ears.

Her gaze shifted back to Jed, his face now painted a gruesome shade of red. She slowly withdrew, gazing down at her blood-stained fist.

As Jed started to cough up blood, he began to crawl away, attempting to escape. The young quadbrid turned her attention back to Landon, wrapping an arm around him, before guiding him back inside the safety of the house.

❖ ── ✦ ──『✙ - ✙』── ✦ ── ❖

"I swear I'll end him," Rafael growled, his hands clenched at his sides as he focused on the wounded Landon.