Chapter Fifteen: Reveal

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

Following the young boy and his father, Fayenyra and Wade stumbled upon a hidden meadow. There, they saw the same boy engaged in play with a girl.

"Enough, Terra!" the boy grumbled.

"Quit being a crybaby, Wade," Terra retorted, sticking her tongue out at him.

"You're both acting like infants," another boy chimed in, also sticking his tongue out.

As the children began to taunt one another, an older man intervened, "Enough of that!"

"Sorry, dad," the children apologized in unison. Wade turned to Fayenyra , "I think that's my family," he announced.

"I believe you're right,"  Fayenyra responded, sharing a tender smile with Wade.

Suddenly, an unfamiliar figure emerged from the trees, a hooded figure in black. The figure approached the young boy, initiating a panicked reaction.

"Daddy!" the boy shrieked, while the man shouted, "Wade!" and began to chase the black-hooded figure. The figure paused, muttered Latin phrases, and sent the man flying across the meadow.

"Daddy!" the other children cried, rushing to their injured father.

"Wade, let him go!" the girl screamed. She attempted to use magic, which unfortunately rebounded.

The other boy tried to chase the figure but the figure opened a portal and disappeared into it, taking the little boy along.

"Wade!" the boy cried out.

Fayenyra and Wade, their eyes wide with shock, found themselves back in the greenhouse. "

" I have a family," Wade cried out.

"We'll find them, I promise," Fayenyra reassured him, holding his hand for comfort.

"I hope so," Wade murmured. Their conversation was interrupted by a knocking sound.

"Who could that be?" Wade wondered. Fayenyra opened the door to find Rafael, his face bruised.

"Raf, why are you here? What happened to your face?" The young Mikealson girl asked, alarmed.

"Nothing serious, a fight with Jed. Can I come in?" Rafael requested.

"Absolutely," She stepped aside to let Rafael in.