Chapter Five: Scavenger Hunt

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━༺ - ༻━━━━━━━

The group exited Alaric's car heading into the wilderness in search of Landon. Fayenyra walked ahead determined to get this over with and return to normalcy if that was possible.

" I don't understand why he's still out here he's had a whole day's lead he could be anywhere "  Hope spoke up.

Rafael turned to the young tribrid commenting. "Maybe he doesn't have a reason to run "

Hope gazed over at the young werewolf scoffing at his words and said. " You know Raf, that would be perfectly reasonable to believe...If you know he hadn't run in the first place."

The young werewolf was about to speak until Fayenyra cut him off, holding up her finger. " Did you guys hear that?"

Hope glanced over at their sister with a curious look wondering what she was talking about. " Hear what? " She asked.

The young Mikaelson girl's eyes glowed brightly, bending down she touched the solid ground with her hands, and glimpses of a dark skin girl wearing a white dress came before her vision. 

" Fay,  what did you see, " Hope asked.

Fayenyra's eyes returned to normal, she glanced back at Hope and Rafael. " There's someone here when I touched the ground I saw glimpses of a dark-skinned girl wearing a white dress, she seemed to be lost."

Alaric gazed at the young Mikaelson girl curiously wondering how she could know that, yet didn't question it. " Do you know what direction she is?"

" Down there " Fayenyra replied.  " I feel her energy nearby."

As the group changed their direction, a bird gracefully soared towards them. Hope was about to cast a spell, and Alaric raised his crossbow.

The young quadbrid tilted her head up and saw a colorful bird making its way over to her. It landed on her shoulder nuzzling against its neck.

Alaric and Hope stood down realizing it was just a harmless bird.

" Hello, little one, " Fayenyra said, softly stroking the bird's feathers gently. " What's your name?"

The bird lifted its head off her shoulder, its eyes meeting her deeply. " It's Chip."

Rafael stared at the young Mikaelson girl in bewilderment wondering if the rumors that Lizzie had told him about her were true.

" She's a crazy girl that talks to animals. " Lizzie's words sounded over in his head.

" Is she speaking to a bird, " He asked, glancing back at Hope and Alaric.