« 1 »

It was such a beautiful day. The people are getting along. I looked outside the window. The children are playing together. I'm at my classroom and my class is reciting their poems. It's not my turn yet, so I'm writing down my good deeds today in my journal.

"Disgusting"  

That's what my kind would say about this behavior and the atmosphere today.

Many of you humans might say that its always good to help others and do good. But from my experience, I only see a few doing so. Funny huh?

You see, I'm a demon. I'm not exactly... holy... More on evil and stuff. But that doesn't mean I have to be evil and bad, right? It's my choice if I want to be. Ever since I was a kid, my parents told me I shouldn't do virtues because its not our thing. But what if I don't want that to be my thing? Many demons at my old school at hell said I was a disgrace to all demonkind. 

So what? I feel unlucky to be one honestly. Sure I have cool powers and all, but do you really have to do bad with them all the time? Well, I mean I like doing evil things, but that doesn't mean I have to do it always. 

Demons also called me another thing, "Different"

Not only do I behave differently, I look different too. All of my family and other demons have the normal slightly curved pointy horns and batlike wings. They were black and red. Me? I have grey horns that looks like deer horns. I also had feathered wings. You know! Like an angel's wings. I've always wondered why, but my mom and dad said that some demons look like that and many people adored them because it's a very rare thing.

The good thing is, my family supports my decisions and confessed that having an angel-behaving demon makes their life more interesting.

Our teacher called out my name, interrupting my thoughts. I gazed at him and waited to get a response.

"It's your turn" my teacher said.

I stopped writing in my journal and I picked up my paper. I stood up and went to the front. I was confident with my poem, so it'll be a piece of cake.

"Hello everyone. Today I will recite my poem called 'Pancakes and Syrup.'"

~~~

I'm tired! After today, I think I'll fly a little in the forest. Hopefully no one will see me... Oh who am I kidding! As long as I don't fly too high, I'll be alright.

I picked up my bag and slammed my locker shut. 

"Hey!!"

"AHHHHHH!!" I screamed in surprise.

"Ellie?! WTF YOU SCARED THE LIFE OUT OF ME!"

"Hehe, sorryyy" Ellie apologized.

Ellie is my best friend. Her full name is Ellie Rogers. She's also my neighbor. We've known each other since kindergarten. She's really nice and funny, but can get annoying sometimes.

"Do you need something?" I asked. I was in a hurry because I was excited to stretch my wings.

"Well, I'm going to a karaoke shop with Ruby, Max, and everyone else. Do you wanna come too?" Ellie said.

"I have other plans, so no. Maybe tomorrow?"

"Ok! I'll tell the gang. Byeeee!!" After that, she rushed down the hall and disappeared. I decided to go to the restroom first to fix myself up.