Bonus Part 2: Genetically in a freak

Bonus stories for ya'll who loved this book

.........

The moment he opened his eyes, Ukraine immediately regretted living. A wise one once said that no one can fully understand a person other than themselves. But how on earth would that be the case when the goddamn government literally made you? With high-tech equipment and exceptionally skilled scientists, they are able to edit a person's DNA. Since then, many parents would give their child once they are twelve years old to edit their DNA and make them "one of a kind" and unique. Well, they are "one of a kind" alright. And this one of a kind thing meant something weird, something eccentric. The thought of messing with someone's genetics made Ukraine nauseous. Just let them be! Ukraine would've shouted if he could, but he can't. Not when he's stuck in this glass trap that's hindering him from getting out. If he was ever out, he's shout really loud.

That won't ever happen, sadly. No matter how much he'd struggle, Ukraine would always be stuck in that bizarre laboratory. Until he's finally eighteen, when the experiment was complete and he was "okay" now. All of the DNA editing with the other children with him went fine, but when Ukraine was out, it was a disaster.

As he stepped out of the chamber, his parents gasped. The scientists gaped in horror while the guards looked sick. Ukraine looked at the mirror on the table. His eye was black and his iris was red. His hands were equipped with claws that were as sharp as a knife. His thighs were covered in scars and black vein marks traced around his arms. Ukraine froze in dismay. He turned to the crowd and let out an outrage. The guards held Ukraine back, but thick vines sprouted from the ground and grabbed their legs. This forced them to let go of the Ukrainian before he advanced to his parents and the scientists. Blood dripped from his fingers as he walked out of the room filled with the slaughtered. For years, he hid in the large forest.

Ukraine just wanted to be normal, is that too much to ask?

Photo above belongs to @taminton on Instagram.