« 4 »

2 days later...

I was getting my things ready because today, I'll be going to France's house. I got inside Brit's car and we both headed to France's house. Before he even rang the doorbell, France opened the door.

"Bonjour UK! Bonjour!" He greeted.

"Hello France. I'm here to drop the girl since she'll staying with you next."

France looked at me. He smiled then hugged me. "I hope we will have a great time, mon ami." 

UK left and I went inside with France. I placed my bag on the sofa and went to the kitchen. I saw France holding a baking tray full of macarons.

"Would you like to taste my pastries? They're fresh from the oven!"

"Sure, why not!"

I grabbed a macaron and popped it in my mouth. It was delicious! Me and France were just hanging out. Nothing out of the ordinary. At least I thought so. I popped another macaron in my mouth then...

Everything was pitch black. It was as quiet as a church. The emptyness of the room was wrapping itself around me like a cold blanket. Until I saw light again. Very Bright light. When my eyes got used to the brightness, I looked around. I was in a bathroom. The sunlight sparkled through the window. It was nice. Until I saw what I was doing.

I was washing away crimson blood that was all over my hands, as well as the sink.

What the fuck happened?

I kept washing until I felt dizzy. Then I vomited. Blood.

Was I vomiting blood? Whatever happened, I can't let France see this. But it was too late...

"Mademoiselle?! What happened?!" France shouted with distress. He looked at the blood in the sink, then at me, then back at the sink.

"I-I ummm... I-Its.... Uhhh..." I stuttered. How was I gonna explain what happened, if I also don't know what happened?!

He ran to me and held up my chin. He took paper towel and wiped the blood that was smeared across my mouth and cheeks. He still looked worried.

We went to the dining table and ate some croissants. Then I started feeling dizzy again. I could practically see birds flying around my head. My vision began blurring and needles were prickling my body. Every part of me hurt, especially my head. 

I reached for the glass of milk beside my plate to drink. My hand was shaking as I gripped the cup. When I was about to drink, my body felt immobile. The glass slipped out of my hand like it was covered in oil and crashed down the floor, splashing milk everywhere. I stared at France who stood up to help me. He was shouting something, but my ears felt deaf. I collapsed and fell out of my seat. I last saw France shaking me violently, screaming inaudible words while tears fell from his eyes. Then I lost consciousness.

~~~

I opened my eyes. My vision was a bit blurry, but it all started to clear up. I felt a hand holding mine. I looked at my side and saw France, sleeping. I tried pulling my hand away without waking him up, but no luck. As soon as I moved my fingers, he started moving a bit. He opened his eyes and stared at me for a few seconds.

"Good morning, France. Sorry if I-" but I didn't finish because France tackled me for a hug. I heard him sobbing.

"What happened?! W-Why did you f-faint all of a s-sudden at d-d-dinner?!" France cried. "Y-You c-c-collapsed at the d-dining table last M-Monday, s-so w-we brought you h-here, at t-the hospital. Y-You didn't wake up for 3 days! T-The other c-countries are worried too! T-The doctors said t-they don't know w-why y-you passed out!"

"It's ok! I'm ok!" I tried calming him. I stared at him while he was weeping. I hugged him tight.

He suddenly stopped sobbing for a while. He pulled away from the hug and looked at me. "I-It's because of m-my pastries, isn't it? Y-You collapsed when y-you ate my c-croissant. I-I saw it..."

Then he burst out crying again. I hugged him tight to try and calm him down, again.

"It's not your fault, France! Don't blame yourself! Anything would have caused me to faint and its not your food!" I reassured him. He smiled at me and buried his face on my chest.

I stroked him lightly, receiving a soft smile. He blushed a bit. I kept cuddling him. We stayed like this for a few minutes. Then the door creaked open. It UK.

"Hello Britain." I greeted him.

"Hullo. How are you feeling? Are you alright?" He nervously asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." I said while embracing France, who was asleep. He glanced at him, but quickly looked away.

"I see." He said.

"Hey UK, what did the doctors say about me?" I asked.

"Well, you're fine. The doctors didn't find anything wrong."

"That's a relief." I sighed. A nurse appeared at the door and said, "Excuse me, visiting time is now over. We need to check on the patient now that she's awake."

Britain stood up. I shook France gently to wake him up.

"France, we need to go." Britain said while France sleepily rubs his eye.

"Ok." The both of them left the room. Then the nurse looked at me. She smiled at me before taking out whatever she needed like syringes or stuff.

But that smile was not the good kind. It was sinister and vile. She started cackling like a witch. I stood up. She went near me and whispered:

"The forest is full of answers you want, but may never see. If you go and seek, you may never be seen again."

I blinked and the nurse was gone. I was at the bed and France was still sleeping in my arms. I was still thinking about what the nurse said. About the forest and the forbidden answers...

~~~

It's 3:48 pm and I'm at France's house. The hospital discharged me an hour ago and I wanted to stay at France's house because I wasn't able to hangout with him much. I grabbed a piece of paper from the desk and wrote down a note.

- ···· · ··-· --- ·-· · ··· - ·· ··· ··-· ··- ·-·· ·-·· --- ··-· ·- -· ··· ·-- · ·-· ··· -·-- --- ··- ·-- ·- -· - -··· ··- - -- ·- -·-- -· · ···- · ·-· ··· · · ·· ··-· -·-- --- ··- --· --- ·- -· -·· ··· · · -·- -·-- --- ··- -- ·- -·-- -· · ···- · ·-· -··· · ··· · · -· ·- --· ·- ·· -·

It's in morse code. I basically wrote what the nurse said. I didn't want anyone snooping around it because it feels like I should solve this puzzle alone.