« 6 »

I woke up extra early this morning. I was excited to see the hidden message in the book. I grabbed my jacket and went downstairs. Then I walked to the kitchen and made breakfast. I decided to make pancakes, since they were Nada's favorite.

I mixed the batter and poured it carefully in the pan. After a few minutes, maybe 5, I flipped the pancake and waited. Then I placed the pancake on a plate. I did the same for the rest of the flapjacks.

"Nada! Breakfast is ready!" I shouted. Footsteps came running down and Nada immediately sat down the dining table.

"So, what's for breakfast?" He asked.

"Mixed berry pancakes! I hope you like them." I replied. He stared at the flapjacks in awe. When I gave him his plate, he cut the pancake and shoved it in his mouth.

"It's delicious!!" He exclaimed as he continued eating. "I didn't know you were a great cook."

"Eh... Cooking is my hobby, other than reading." I told him. "I also watch cooking channels on TV and I learn from YT." 

He nodded and continued eating. I did the same.

"Btw, can you give me your phone number? In case I get lost or need help cuz for some reason, I trust you the most. And I'm not saying I don't trust the other countries, no!" I shouted.

He choked. His face was as red as a tomato and I could tell he is flustered. Mainly cuz I'm asking for his phone number. I think.

"O-Okay. I guess..." He stammered as he wrote in a piece of paper.

After breakfast, I went to the living room and grabbed 'The Outlander' book. Then I dashed  towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Nada asked.

"I'm going to America's house. I hope he does have a UV light pen or something close." I replied.

"Ah, I see." He said. "You know, I could buy on from the store if you want–"

"Well, I kinda wanna hang out with him too!" I cut him off. He smiled and whipped out his phone before typing madly into it. "Ima text him so he knows you're coming," He said.

"Ok, thanks."

~~~

I finally reached Ame's house. I rang the doorbell and he instantly opened the door.

"Hello! What brings you here?" He asked gleefully.

"I was thinking maybe we should hangout!" I said. "Oh and do you have a UV pen or something close?"

"Yes, I do have one." He grabbed my hand and dragged me inside his home. I sat down the sofa as he ran upstairs. I took the book out of my bag and flipped to the last page. I'm still wondering what would be written here. I mean, there could be a possibility that the person who put me here is the one who's giving me this puzzle.

"Ooh! What's that?" A voice said. I jumped in surprise.

"Ame?! Don't do that!!" I screamed. "You scared the life out of me!!"

"That's payback for sneaking up to me for countless times." He smirked.

"Haha. Very funny." I rolled my eyes. I noticed he was staring at the book.

"Something was written there." He said with suspicion. I closed the book immediately.

"That's none of your business." I scoffed. He narrowed his eyes.

"Really?" He pinned me down the sofa and grabbed the book. I tried to take it back, but he was stronger than me.

Ha! I'm just kidding! I'm actually stronger than him. Or anyone (except for maybe other demons). If I use a bit of my demon strength... Wait! I'm on Insanity Period. Fuck! I can't risk it, I might injure him. Like very badly.

I decided to let him read the book... Or maybe...

Maybe....

If I suck some of his memory from his brain... But with Insanity Period, I could kill him...

I have to risk it. Using my free hand, I put it on his forehead. It was forceful, but I was touching his soul instead of the body. I let go and he fell on my lap. I checked his pulse, just in case. 

Oh thank goodness, he's still alive. I grabbed the book and pen, and shoved it in my bag. Then I carried Meri to his bedroom. In bridal style, cause it's easier.

I turned corners and climbed stairs before I reached the American's bedroom. I placed him gently on the soft cushions of the bed.

I opened my eyes and I'm still at Meri's room. The door was locked. He's still asleep and he's currently cuddling a pillow. I looked at the book. I opened the page and pointed the UV light.

Do you wanna know more about your fate? If so come to this meeting place. But you must look for the next clue by solving a riddle, which you must first find. It is in a book filled with German words.

Hmm... So now I need to find a riddle to know where this meeting place is. And the book is probably a German book. I guess I need to wait.

I closed the book and laid down the bed. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep next to the unconscious buckaroo. When, I woke up America was still asleep. I looked at my phone and it was...

3:46 PM?!

Shit! I checked my notifications. Canada was texting a lot and there were many missed calls.

8:36 AM – just checking on you :)

10:27 AM – hi, are you still at Ame's house?

12:48 PM – Hey! Are you there? Ame's not answering the phone and I'm kinda worried.

1:47 PM – 2 Missed call

1:49 PM – 4 Missed call

2:01 PM – 6 Missed call

 I realized that the blinds were covering the windows and it was awfully dark in the house. It looked like as if no one was home. Then I remembered about Ame. I checked on him. I shook him a bit, but he won't wake up.

"Ame, wake up!" I shook him more vigorously, but no luck. I checked his pulse. It wasn't a regular pulse. Oh no...

Did I do something to him?? Man, I shouldn't have risked it!

What should I do now?

I guess... I have to go into his mind. But he'll find out. Should I just leave him like this...? No, I can't. His life is more important than that.