« 5 »

BEEP! BEEP! There goes the alarm clock.

I sat up and stretched then I noticed a small box on the small desk in the room. I stood up and went to the desk and saw a note.

Good Morning! 

Today you're switching houses and I noticed you didn't have any clothes, so you can have some of mine. I bought them last week, but I thought they weren't really my style so you can have them!

PS: They're boy's clothing (I think). I hope you don't mind.

France

I grabbed the box and groggily went to the bathroom. I took a nice cold shower to wake my body. As I was brushing my teeth, I saw Dahlia.

"Hey Dahlia, do you think there are other demons or maybe monsters in this world?" I asked her.

"No, I don't think so. But there could be chance. Who knows?" She replied.

"Well, I was at the hospital yesterday because I fainted. I stayed there for 2 days. There was this nurse that said this message." I said. "I think she knows something. And she sounded like a demon too."

"Ah, I see. Maybe we should check out whatever she said."

"Ok." I finished washing my face and opened the box. The clothes were nice. I put on a white button-down shirt and a greige sweater vest. Then I put on the jeans. I looked at myself in the mirror. I tied my hair into a messy ponytail and left the bathroom. 

I wore my cap and went downstairs for breakfast. France was sitting at the dining table, eating croissants. I sat down and ate with him.

"So, who am I staying with today?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." He replied while reading a newspaper. "I think you'll be staying with Canada."

"I see."

After we ate breakfast, we went on our way.

"You should wear a jacket." France warned, "It's kind of cold in Nada's country".

"Oh ok." I replied and I put on my blue jacket.

~~~

I'm in France's car and he is driving me to Canada's house. We approached a forest. The same forest where I fell into. We got out of the car and went to a comfy cottage. I could smell pancakes being flipped in a pan from the window.

France knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Someone shouted from inside.

"It's France. I'm dropping off a certain gorgeous girl who will be staying with you next." I smiled at that compliment and France smiled back.

I heard footsteps rushing towards the door and it swung open. A fairly tall Canadian wearing a coonskin hat, a buffalo plaid jacket and a warm smile appeared.

"Good morning!" He greeted cheerfully.

"Good morning." I replied.

"Well, I better get going," France interrupted. "See you!"

We watched France get in his car and left. We then went inside the cottage. I sat down the couch and Nada offered me some hot chocolate. Then he went to the kitchen.

I saw a bookcase and decided to take a peek. I am pretty intellectual. I grabbed a one. 

The Outlander by Gil Adamson. Hmm... I think I've read this book before... Maybe it's the book about the woman who flees alone across the West. Then again, maybe it's not. I opened the book and started reading. I continued to flip the pages when I noticed something on the back of the book. A stain.