Encounter

Hana's POV
Many weeks passed since the SM photoshoot. I've been training well and hard every single day. Being in the same building as Kai oppa, I often see him around, but we never exchange a single word. But seeing the SMRookies really cheered me up. Wendy eonni always takes good care of me when I'm sick and Lami is just as cute a younger sister that keeps me company. However, everytime I am feeling happy, there's something that keeps reminding me of Kai. Everytime that happens, I would just stay silent and smile.
One day..
"Minha-ya," Jo Ha eonni called me out from the crowd of girls during practice.
"Ye?" I replied and went upfront.
Jo Ha eonni sighed and held me by my shoulder. "I need you to focus. You were doing well for the last few weeks, what happened this week?"
I lowered my gaze and apologised. "Cheseonghabnida(Sorry)..". I went back to my position and continued training until late at night.
The girls decided to sleep over in the practice room and had already fallen asleep except me. I sat up on the floor hugging my knees.
"I miss Kai so much.. how do I avoid him like this if I can't even last a few weeks?" I whisper to myself. *(rumble). Not again! I sighed and pulled on my long jacket and boots. It has become a routine for me to have a late night supper and sleep for 2 hours everyday. Sometimes I would go alone and others, I would go with the girls. I left the room, taking the elevator down.
*Ding. The elevator stopped at level 7 and Suho entered holding a black mask and jacket.
"Oh! Hana-ya, Long time no see!" he said and ruffled my hair. I bowed and moved back into a corner. I was about the press the close button when Suho stopped me. "Wait! Kai is coming in, hold on. Kai-ya! Hurry up!!"
Flustered, I pressed the close button but Kai blocked the door from closing with his hand."Please wai-" The door reopened and Kai stood there staring at me.
Suho pulled him in and closed the door. An awkward silence filled the small room. "Ya.. what happened to you two? Kai-ya? Don't you miss her? I know I do.." Suho said and nudged Kai's arm. I sighed and bit my lip. The elevator was reaching the first floor when suddenly, I was pulled into a warm embrace by Kai. I miss this. I hugged him back, burying my face in his chest. I know I chose to protect him and I know that I am not doing a good job. But, I cant say No to Kai. *Ding The elevator door opened to the first floor and I can hear Suho leave.
"Hana-ya," Kai began.Still wrapped in his arms, I looked up at his face that is staring down at me. Quietly, he whisper, "Don't look at anyone else but me.You...are mine." Slowly, he kissed my forehead before letting me go and left the building with Suho. My cheeks grew red. I felt no longer hungry and decided to go back up to the practice room. Lying down on the floor in between Yeri and Lami, I let out a soft cry of happiness.
The next morning..
5am
I got dressed in my hoodie and shorts and began warming up for the day. Ana-chan came in and brought me out to a salon. I fell asleep while she did my hair and woke up to loose curls in my hair and a brunette hair color.
"What's all this?" I asked. Ana-chan shrugged her shoulders.
"I was asked to change your hairstyle to something different."
"Ookay..thank you!" I thanked her and her assistants before returning back to practice.
Late in the afternoon..
*pant pant. I lied down on the floor of the practice room with the girls in exhaustion.
"Okay! Girls listen up!" Jo Ha eonni clapped her hands. We sat up and cast our eyes on her. "We are having the SMTown Live concert in a month time and of course,rookies are also going to perform."
My eyes widen. Did she say that rookies are also to perform?! Jo Ha took a quick glance at me and laughed.
"Minha looks like she didn't expect that, but yes, you will perform as well. For example some of the rookie boys are performing their sunbaes Growl and the others have their own set of performances."
I pursed my lips. Lami raised her hand."Am I going too?". Joha hesitates before answering. "No. You'll stay here with me."
"Wait!" I interrupt. "If she's not going, why do I have to go?". Okay. I'm curious. How is it that I can go but she can't?
"Minha, don't you know, that your audition tape has been uploaded online? You've gained hundreds of fans and supporters, you have to at least show up."
That night..
It's 1.30am and we're all up, still practising. Lami had already went home and Irene,Joy,Wendy and Seulgi left to their apartment. I was left with Winny, Yeri, Hina and Jeesu. Koeun and Herin were fast asleep. We did our own practice and when it was around 3am, they all left and I stayed behind to perfect my dance moves.
*Knock knock. I frowned and stopped the music. It's 3am in the morning, who could it be? I opened the door. Nobody was there. A few minutes later, it came again.
*Knock knock. I felt tired, sleepy and I've been practising the entire night. I yanked opened the door again."Yes?!" Nobody was there. It was just the dark, empty hallway. Seconds after I closed the door, the lights flickered. And the knocking came on again, this time louder,longer and sounded closer as if it was coming from inside the room. I was breathing heavily and tried to switch on music to distract me, but it won't turn on. What should I do? My phone battery is dead, outside the room is dark and I felt scared. Suddenly, everything became silent. The knocking stopped and the lights became normal. I was just about to sigh relief when suddenly, one of the tall heavy speakers fell forward close to where I was standing and I felt the room temperature decrease rapidly.All of a sudden, the lights dimmed and I could have sworn I saw a dark figure by the opposite side of the room from where I was standing. Scared, I sprinted out of the room into the dark hallway and took the stairs down to a floor where the lights were on. I kept running as tears slip down my cheek, and turned a corner when I bumped into a tall person. I was literally shaking and fell backwards. The person held me by my waist and saved me from a fall.
"Hey, are you okay?" he asked. Still shaking, I looked up and met the eyes of a guy I knew,Hansol. "Oh? Minha?"
The moment he loosen his grip on my waist, I fell to the ground. He kneeled down in front of me and lifted up my chin. "Yah..you look pale! What happened?"
I couldnt say a single word. My throat is extremely dry and no words could describe how I felt at that moment besides scared and terrified. I tried standing up but my legs gave in and I collapsed. Slowly, Hansol took hold of one of my arms and placed it around his shoulder. I felt myself being lifted up from the ground and walking slowly to his practice room where the some of the other SMRookies Boys were.
"Hansol-ah, what happened?" one of them asked. I was put down on the sofa before given a bottle of water. After a huge gulp I began panting hard.
Hansol sat next to me and placed a jacket around my shoulders.I felt myself calm down and my rapid heartbeat decreased. I looked up from the floor and saw 6 other guys staring at me.
Immedietely, I stood up and bowed. "Uh.. cheseonghabnida(sorry)! I didn't mean to-..uh." The boys just laughed.
"You're Minha right?" one of them asked. I nodded slowly. "Er..it seems she doesn't know us exactly..My name is Johnny."
Another jumps right in, "I'm Ten and this here," he pulls another with him. "is Yuta." Hansol stood up and pointed out, to a corner of the room. "That's Taeyong, Jaehyun and Do Young."
I bowed ."Ne, annyeonghasaeyo. Jeoneun Minha-ibnida. Bangaseubnida." I intended to head back up to my practice room but after what happened earlier, I'd rather just go home. Before I can take a step, Hansol took me by my arm. "You still look pale to me. Sit here and rest first okay?". Yuta took a step forward and frowned at me. "You look like you've seen a ghost." At that word Ghost, I stumble back a bit and the remembered the dark figure I saw a while ago.
"I think..I think I did." I said softly. The boys gasped and all eyes were on me. Hansol turned me to face him. "What did you see?"
I told all of them what happened and what I saw. Before I knew it, all of them decided to go upstairs and find out what I meant. They brought along with them a torchlight (yep, only one) and we all headed up the stairs to the 10th floor practice room 5. While going up, I've been holding hands with Hansol as he carefully led me. Jaehyun switched on the hallway lights and we headed quietly to the room. As soon as we stepped in, the dim lights and low temperature went back to normal except for the tall big speaker that is still lying on the ground. Johnny lifted the speaker with a little trouble. "This would be difficult for wind to push over even sideways for it to be an accident."
Yuta dropped his torch by accident and even that makes me jump. Hansol chuckled and ruffled my hair. From the corner of my eye, I thought I saw something dark move quick. I fetched my phone from the sofa and grabbed my jacket. I tugged on Hansol's shirt. "Let's get out of here..please."
"Guys, come on.." Hansol called out and we left the room. I wanted to go home but that encounter with the dark made me not want to be alone, even at home. I stayed over with the boys in their practice room. I watch them dance and practice, when it was about 4.30, they settled down on the floor and slept while I slept on their sofa.
1 hour later..
5.30am
I woke up to the sound of a sudden blast of music. I got up first and switched off the music before waking them up one by one. Once they were all awake, I thanked them and left the room. Honestly , I have no idea which floor I was on, but when I opened the door, from my view, I can see EXO entering their room. Unfortunately, Kai saw me leaving the room where the SMRookies boys were. I froze halfway and we both made a dramatic pause, staring at each other.
"Minha-ya, what's wrong?" Hansol appeared behind me, patting my head. Uncomfortable with the atmosphere, I awkwardly moved away from Hansol. I was about to take my leave when Kai walked up to Hansol looking him in the eye. He looked, frustrated. No. Jealous. Nervous, I stuttered, "O-o-oppa.. w-wait-", before I can finish, Kai grabbed Hansol by the shirt roughly and said in a deep, harsh tone, "Don't ever touch her." He released Hansol by lightly pushing him back.
Suddenly, Kai turned towards me and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek before going back to his practice room. Hansol frowned. Without another word, I quickly took the elevator down and back to my apartment.

A/n: Hey there!~ I really got into this chapter and am excited to write the next one. Because of the fact that my lessons are going to resume next week (I had courses this week), I am rushing to publish new chapters however, I am extremely busy this weekend with competitions and cram school. But please look forward to next chapters and I hope that you like this one! ^_^