Memory

Hana's POV
After a week from my debut stage, I've been busy performing here and there, in parts of Korea. Sometimes during performances, I still hear them. The haters. Calling out, 'Your face calls for a punch!' or 'Kai hates you!'
Eversince, I feel as if I'm wearing a huge weight on me wherever I go. I feel people staring. Talking about me. Insecurity came over me. I started staying overnight at the SMBuilding. Sometimes, staying with the girls, or with Kai.
One day,
"Hana-ya..I am going overseas again for another concert tomorrow.Are you going to be okay?"
I bit my lip and sighed. "How long this time?"
He pulled me in a hug, resting his chin on my head. He stroked my back. "I hate to be apart from you. For a week."
I buried my face in his chest. What do I do without you, oppa? I'm already feeling so alone.
"Hana..for this one week, promise me. If you ever feel upset or uncomfortable. Just call me.Okay?"
I just nod and wished him a safe trip.
The Next Day...
I finished my dance practice half an hour early and decided to explore the building. My thoughts run wild whenever I thought about going out. I walked down a corridor with my head hanging from my shoulders.
Suddenly, I bumped into a human wall and fell back. "Ah! Cheseonghabnida." I quickly got up, bowing low.
"Minha..uh..Hana-ssi?" I looked up. Hansol stood in front of me awkwardly. He rubbed the back of his neck. "What are you doing at this part of the building?"
I shrugged. "Really nothing much. Why?"
We went up to the rooftop and stared out to the scenery.
"Well.. Hana-si, as a friend, I've been looking out for you and you've always seem upset and I don't know....depressed about something."
"No I'm fine."
"Stop lying. You know you're really bad at that."
I lowered my gaze and pursed my lips.Hansol took my hand and turned me to face him.
"I watched your debut stage and...I heard."
I looked up slowly, my eyes staring blankly into his. "I feel so...I don't know. I just, feel that, these people really dislike me when they havent even got to know me more than just watching me sing. Just looking at Kai. Whenever Kai is with me, I forget all that. Now that he's gone off for concerts in China with the Exo-M members, I just dont know where to look now."
Hansol cupped my cheek with one hand and smiled. "Look at me. I can make you forget. Are you free now?"
I tilted my head, thinking. "I suppose so."
"Well.. what do you like to do in your free time?"
I shrugged. "I used to play a lot with my friends back home. We'd go to the movies, water park, arcades, all those teenage stuff."
"Say no more," Hansol took me by my hand and dragged me off.
Before we can leave the exit door, he handed me glasses and a mask.As he pulled a cap on his head, he said, "Take them off once you forget your worries."
I nodded and we ran out the building like a teenage drama couple.
All day long, all I did was laugh and play. At a waterpark, I took off the glasses and mask to make things easier. Hansol won me a pink bear during a game at the Arcades. I was having so much fun that I didn't realise the day getting darker as we go.
That night..
I sat with Hansol in a convenience store eating ramen, the teddy bear on my lap.
"You look so cold and awkward whenever the camera is around but you're really something else, " I admitted to him.
He laughed. "Honestly, I'm not sure what image I want to create of myself."
"If that's the case, just be yourself. I know your fans will like you for you. Because I know I do."
He paused and looked at me wide eyed. "You....like me?"
I smirked. "I'm your number 1 fan. Why should I not like you as a fan?"
He ruffled my hair playfully and we head out patting our tummys.
"Hana..you ready to go back?"
I nodded hugging the bear close to me. "Yep. I mean like.. what other games can we play at night?"
Hansol eyed my bear. Suddenly, he snatched the bear away from me and began running. "Catch me if you can!"
I laughed and ran after him. He is so weird at times. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me after him.
Hansol's POV
I ran with her bear in my arms. She's so cute. Like a kid. I looked back. In the corner of my eyes, I see Hana catching up. No way she's that fast! I turned right to a traffic junction. The lights are blinking 10 seconds. She's fast enough to run pass this. I'm positive. I ran through the traffic and can still see Hana in the corner of my eye. I sped up. When I reached the other side, I was exhausted and turned back. Hana had also stopped running half way and was about to run towards me when I see a taxi speeding at the corner of my eye.
"HANA!!" I yelled. The taxi rammed into her. I see her body fling away helplessly.
Then, everything stopped as I ran towards her, throwing the bear aside. I kneeled down beside her. My heart aches. Tears brimmed at my eyes. Hana lay on the road motionless. Her breathing was slow and her fingers kept twitching. Blood was flowing out from her head. I turned to the driver who was on the phone pacing up and down, panicking.
"Are you blind?!" I yelled. Getting up, I marched towards him."Can't you see her?! She's still crossing the road at the last second, you should've waited!!!" The tears slip down my eyes as I punched the driver in the face, repeatedly until a passer-by pulled me apart from him and pushed me aside.
"Get yourself together! Your girlfriend needs you!"
I ran to Hana, crying. "Please...please hold on." I took her twitching hand and brought it to my face,kissing it hard. I know I'm not Kai. I know I'm just a friend to her. But a part of me still want to be more than that. I still loved her.
At the hospital..
I sat outside the Emergency Care Unit, my head in my hands. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder and I stood up quickly. The doctor showed me a couple of scans that they've made.
"Boy.."
"My name is Hansol."
"Okay. Hansol-ssi, your girlfriend woke up just now, and we decided to test her like, to ask her some questions. She remembered her name,her age and her birthday. But, she can't remember anything else other than that. I tried getting her to recall but all she did was shook her head. So, I diagnose her with partial amnesia."
My eyes widen. "What do you mean amnesia?"
The doctor explained to me with the imaging tests and scan results, that she knocked her head hard enough on the curb. My heart ached even more. What have I done? This is all my fault. I rushed to the ward Hana was given. I had asked for a private ward to protect her image.
The moment I entered. I see her, sitting up, watching television. Her head was bandaged, and her arm was in an armsling. I carefully approached her in case she'd scream of shock.
"Oh! Are you my oppa?" she suddenly asked. I jumped at that question, taking a step back.
"Hana..are you okay?" I frowned. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What made her think I'm her oppa?
She smiled. "I'm okay. The doctors told me that my boyfriend was waiting outside anxiously.So, I just thought that it might be you. It is you right?"
Hana looked at me with her innocent eyes and adorable face. I don't know anymore. I nodded and nervously sat down on the chair beside her bed.
Hana beamed and hugged the pink bear from before. "I bet this was from you. It's so cute!"
My cheeks grew red. A few minutes later, SR15B entered the room noisily with Mark and Jeno.
"Hansol hyung!" Mark called out. "I heard you were involved in an accident so I called the other hyungs and..oh, Minha noona!"
Hana stared blankly at them. "Oppa.. are these your friends?" Suddenly, she sat straight. "Oh! Your name is Hansol!!"
I got up and smoothed down her hair. "Get some rest. I'll talk to them."
I was about to leave when Hana pulled my hand and kissed my cheek. The boys' jaw dropped. I hugged her and left the room, explaining to everyone what happened.
"You mean, she knows nothing and assumed you're her boyfriend?" Johnny asked scratching his head.
Taeyong sighed. "Kai sunbae is really gonna get mad about this."
I tilted my head in confusion.
Taeyong shook me by my shoulders. "Wake up! You know how much Kai loves her. He's always been with her and protecting her. What have you done?!"
"Nothing!" I shouted. "All I did was try to help her forget her troubles and think of me as someone she can turn to when Kai sunbae is not there."
Taeyong rolled his eyes."Looks like you not only helped her forget her troubles, but also, everything else."
Yuta grabbed my shoulder. "I think you should tell her the truth. Everything."
Just in time, Hana's manager arrived. "Where's Hana?"
"She doesn't know you." I replied and re-explained what happened. I was expecting her to get angry when suddenly, she smiled and shooed away the others.
I sat down on the chair and she began. "Okay. Hansol-ssi. You will tell her everything. Except! The part where she's dating Exo's Kai."
"Are you serious?"
"Yes. I am. I'm giving you an opportunity to be with Hana. So do as I say."
"But, how will this benefit Hana?"
"Lesser haters. Lesser troubles. Lesser problems. More fans. More money. More..love."
"What if I say 'no'?"
"I will tell Hana not to ever see or talk to you while she can happily be with Kai.I know she will chose Kai over you. So.. take your pic."
I really love Hana. I dont know if I can ever bare living knowing that she chose Kai over me and not ever talk to me. But I don't want to be selfish either. I really dont know.
I sighed and got up. Taking a deep breath, I entered Hana's private ward with the choice in my hands.

A/n: Okay! So what do you think Hansol's choice is? I'm not quite sure myself. But I hope that it'll turn out well! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and please look forward to more. And don't forget to vote! >.<