9. Movies! Yaiba!

1046 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written October 4 2021
Posted October 23 2021

NEXT UPDATE is November 6 2021

Lapin felt strange as he walked alongside Kaito. Kaito had given him a haircut that morning and took away his glasses, the two of them really did look like siblings, more so than before. Not much about his appearance had changed, but Kaito's presence made the little changes seem like more. Nobody would even think to question their relationship, it was obvious at a glance, they were siblings.

"We're lucky it's not raining" Kaito breathed. They were going to the movies like Aoko had suggested. his left arm still looked painful, but he'd been able to assure everyone that his bone wasn't bruised, it was just really bad tissue bruising. Though the bone probably would have bruised if the tiny sleuth had kicked just a little bit harder. Those shoes really were dangerous, good thing he'd gotten Lapin to leave behind his trademark shoes "Keeping this thing clean on rainy days is a pain" He tapped the handle of his wheelchair.

The offer of going to the movies together had surprised Kaito, but hadn't been something that he was averse to. It was a good opportunity for the two of them to get to know each other better. Kaito also suspected that the idea had been Aoko's, but the sleuth hadn't seemed annoyed so he'd agreed.

The tiny sleuth peered up at the sky, it was very cloudy, it probably would rain later in the day "We-" He cut himself off, very few taxis were equipped to handle a wheelchair. He frowned "We could buy a large bag and use it as a poncho"

Kaito snickered "I tried that, it kept getting stuck in the wheels" He smiled "It's fine, sitting in a dirty wheelchair isn't uncomfortable when I can't feel the water I'm sitting in" The seat wasn't uncomfortably flat, so water could pool around him a bit "It's more that Aoko will scold me" He offered a small shrug "I'm used to being scolded by her" While it could get a little annoying at times, Aoko only scolded him because she cared about him.

"That sounds a lot like Ran" Lapin replied, missing his crush. She was probably heartbroken at being left alone. Lapin jolted, looking at Kaito, had the other just hit him with something? He'd felt an impact, but it was just barely hard enough to actually feel "Did you just hit me with something?" He asked incredulously. Lapin didn't see any projectiles laying on the ground anywhere.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Kaito lied, smirking. His tone completely contradicted his words. He totally hit him with something.

"What was it?" Lapin stopped walking to get a better look around, he still didn't see anything that could have hit him. It couldn't have been a rock, rocks hurt. The sleuth turned back towards Kaito "Seriously what was-" He jumped, something had hit him in the back, but he was facing Kaito! "How?!"

Kaito just grinned, contemplating on whether or not he should tell Lapin or not. In the end he just pointed up. He really didn't care much for maintaining magician secrets, not after utilizing them to commit crimes.

Lapin looked up, just barely spotting the small drone "Oh..." Azure narrowed "Why did you bring a drone?" Most drones had cameras, cameras weren't welcome in movie theatres.

"Precaution, you run into a lot of trouble" Kaito paused "They can shoot more than just concentrated air"

"That's useful" Lapin mused as they continued on their way, they were almost at the movie theatre.

"Yeah, they're also fun to build" When they reached the theatre, Kaito turned towards Lapin "You buy the tickets" He handed over the required cash "Just make sure one of the seats has wheelchair access, what food do you want?" His wheelchair had enough compartments to carry a lot of stuff comfortably.

Lapin blinked "I thought you would have snuck food inside instead" He kept his voice low.

Kaito snorted "I snuck some water bottles and energy bars, but that's because I always have them packed up" The energy bars were just in case he got stranded somewhere, somehow. He just liked being prepared. Indigos glinted "You also can't beat movie theatre popcorn" It was special, so much better than microwave popcorn.

"I'm good with just popcorn and root beer" There was no coffee on the menu.

"Got it" Kaito nodded. He hadn't expected the other to want much else besides that. He wheeled himself over towards the food line up, thankfully it was short. He purchased Lapin's food, then got himself popcorn, Hershey's Kisses, and a small bag of lemon candies. He'd eat them if Lapin didn't want them. His drink would be one of his water bottles, he refused to pay movie theatre prices for a water bottle. Kaito carefully loaded up his wheelchair, ignoring some envious stares from a few ignorant kids at being able to carry so much by himself. He quickly met up with Lapin "I saw these, thought you might want to try them"

The sleuth quickly caught the bag of lemon candies that were tossed at him "Ah, thanks... I've never had these before" He'd forgotten that the other knew that he liked lemon flavoured things "We need to get to theatre six" It was where the Kamen Yaiba movie was playing. He handed Kaito his ticket. It seemed weird to be seeing a child's movie, but it didn't frustrate him like it would have if Ran had taken him. The movie had been picked with Kaito in mind, not because he was currently a young child. It was funny how different intentions could change his mood about some things.

Kaito smiled, looking both excited and a little younger from his change in demeanour "I've been wanting to see this one for a while now" He liked the TV show and the movies had been great so far. He eyed Lapin with a bit of mischief "This will also get you educated on great kid shows, most children are fans. It would help to be more acquainted with the show"

Huh, Kaito had a really good point. Becoming familiar with the current kid shows would be a good idea. He could say that he tried them, but didn't care for them. Having basic knowledge would justify that he knew what he liked and disliked "I didn't think of that"

Me: So they're getting to know each other. And canon Kaito saw a Yaiba movie... Well pretended to see a Yaiba movie with Aoko. So of course this Kaito, who was mostly deprived of a good childhood would enjoy the movie as well.

Comment? ^-^

•3• What never fails to scare you?

An example for me is being chased by an invincible enemy in a videogame. Stressful stealth levels they become.

Being unable to fight something makes it more scary to face QAQ

Another thing is drowning in videogames... Because sonic drowning music terrified me

Blood pressure much? QAQ child Berry got so stressed