45. Holmes Meet Up!

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 1 2023
Posted January 10 2022

NEXT UPDATE is on January 24 2023

Lapin was buzzing with excitement, he really wanted to win that book! Even the Inn that they were going to be staying at had the words 'Mycroft' written on the front. He glanced at Kaito and Saguru, it wouldn't be easy though... He was also quite jealous of Saguru's Sherlock Holmes costume. It was so cool!

Kaito snickered, leaning on his crutch in order to ruffle Lapin's hair "We don't want to miss the greeting now do we?" They'd skipped the offered ride, instead having Saguru's housekeeper Baaya drive them over.

"Indeed" Saguru nodded "We are already cutting it close" He put away his watch. The three entered and were immediately met with a group of people, all of them chatting about Holmes.

"It seems that everyone is here now!" A somewhat pudgy but friendly looking middle aged man in a Sherlock Holmes outfit announced "I'm Hiroyuki Kanaya, I'm the one who both organized this trip and owns this Inn" He raised an old fashioned smoking pipe "Everybody here is a Sherlock Holmes' fan and chosen scrupulously by my care!"

"There seems ta be someone missing" A dark skinned teen looked around, hands stuffed in his pockets "How could the Heisei Holmes of all people not show up here?" The teen huffed, looking visibly annoyed.

Kaito glanced at Lapin before speaking up "Are you a fan of his too?" Lapin already knew, so why not just say it?

"Nah, I'm Hattori Heiji, detective of the west. I've been looking for Kudo for a while now" Heiji stated with a cocky smirk "I'm sick of being compared to him, so I've got ta find him and beat him in solving a case"

Frowning, Kaito shook his head "Kudo-kun is definitely better, cases aren't games, even if they can seem fun at times"

Lapin flushed, Kaito's response had been immediate "Kaito-niichan and I are decent detectives too!" He grinned "The more detective out there, the better!" he motioned towards Saguru "Saguru-niichan is a great detective too!"

Heiji blinked, eyeing the two "I don't recognize you guys" He paused "Actually... You two look an awful lot like Kudo"

Saguru stepped forward "I'm Hakuba Saguru, and I'm from London, I would be surprised if you've heard of me" He then nodded at both Kaito and Lapin "Kuroba Kaito and Kuroba Lapin are both brothers with exceptional talent, they have just been staying out of the spotlight" The blond raised a brow "Not every detective thrives on attention after all"

Before Heiji could say anything, everyone else introduced themselves as well.

Hiroyuki clapped to get everyone's attention "Since everyone is gathered, I will explain to you how things will go during your stay" He glanced at a wall clock "It's already late so we will first rest. Tomorrow, breakfast is at 9am, lunch is 11am, and dinner is at 10pm" He grinned excitedly "It's after the dinner that I'll give you some difficult mysteries to solve!" He motioned towards Hitomi Iwai, one of his female employees "The one who succeeds in solving the mysteries..." Iwai pulled out a book just in time for Hiroyuki to point at it "Will gain the first edition of 'A Study in Scarlet'! The very work that made Sir Conan Doyle Famous!"

Everyone except Heiji cheered and chattered excitedly.

"But before that, it will be necessary to prove to me that you are real Holmes fans!" Hiroyuki piped up.

"Prove?" Ayako Oki, asked. She was a young university student.

"Miss Iwai is distributing the questionnaire with 1000 questions about Holmes!" Hiroyuki stated as Iwai began to do just that.

"1000 Questions?!" Maria Toda, asked, shocked. She was a middle aged fortune teller.

Ignoring the shocked reactions, Hiroyuki continued "You have until dinner tomorrow to answer them all and give them to me!" Despite his age, the man was buzzing with excitement "Only people who have at least 900 correct answers will be able to take part in the rest of the game after dinner"

"And if we can't answer 900 questions?" Toshiaki Fujisawa, a middle aged train station employee asked, looking a bit nervous.

Hiroyuki's expression became serious "You guessed it..." He squared his shoulders "You will have to leave the house immediately!!! Because there are no places for amateurs here!!" Instead of concern, Hiroyuki's response amped everyone up instead. Hiroyuki nodded at the energy "Entrust your phones and books about Holmes to miss Iwai! We need to avoid any cheating!"

Everyone handed the requested items over, though Kaito kept his spare phone, just in case. He wasn't going to use it to cheat.

"Oh, and just so you're all aware" Hiroyuki gained a sly expression "It's useless to hide anything: There are microphones and cameras everywhere inside the house!" He held up an old fashioned phone "Any fraud will be sanctioned by an immediate exclusion!" He smiled "Okay?

Lapin held his quiz to his chest, azure eyes gleaming with excitement "I'm going to ace this" He knew everything about Holmes.

"I as well" Saguru smirked, confident in his knowledge.

"I may not have been reading Holmes for as long as most of the people here, but I'm no slouch" Kaito smirked. His memory was great, and he'd read the books countless times "Besides, a whole day? That's way too much time"

Both Lapin and Saguru nodded in agreement.

"The only thing that should take up time should be us physically writing down the answers" Saguru stated.

"Yeah, typing would be faster but then cheating could occur" Kaito added.

"True" Lapin smirked "But the cheaters would still take longer since they'd have to search up the answers" He shrugged "So technically we could have typed it and have it a race..." He glanced at the more older members of the group "But I guess there's a chance that some of us might be slow at typing"

Kaito eyed Lapin "Since the quiz will be easy, let's not stay up all night. WE won't need that extra time"

The tiny sleuth sighed "Fine, you're right"

"In the morning, the three of us could race to get it done" Saguru smirked "So don't start on it tonight"

"Oh?" Kaito was interested.

"I will win" Lapin stated, eyes gleaming. His knowledge of Holmes was superior.

"Or I could" Kaito teased. He was a fast writer.

Me: So I cut some interactions and added some~ Hattori has arrived, will he be friend or foe?

Will Kaito and Lapin's paranoia affect things?

Comment? ^-^

I went skating for the first time in about 10+ years ^-^ I was wobbly at first but I managed to skate fast and stop (figure skates) but I don't remember how to skate backwards like I used to XP