19. Hakuba Saguru Has Joined the Party

1022 Words excluding (A/N) I no own MK/DC~

Written January 14 2022
Posted January 22 2022

NEXT UPDATE is on February 5 2022

Lapin eyed Kaito warily before sighing, shoulders losing some of the tension that they'd gained "Alright" Kaito hadn't really said it outright, but he knew that the other was really fond of Hakuba Saguru. The way Kaito had mentioned the other detective with a fond smile while explaining everything that had happened... That combined with how alone Kaito had been when he'd met the blond, well even he could tell that Saguru was someone that Kaito wanted to connect with as a friend.

Saguru was already connected to things via his father, and he'd actually heard some stories about the other detective. From what he'd heard, the blond was skilled and very smart. The guy had to be if he'd helped to create Kaito's false eye. Another ally would do them good, especially considering one of them had mobility problems and he himself was a tiny child in the eyes of everyone not in the 'know'.

Kaito practically beamed, relieved that Lapin had agreed so easily. He turned his gaze towards the very confused looking Saguru "Let's go to the library, I can pick the lock easy and it's far from the front door" He pulled out his phone, fiddling with a few things "Any cameras nearby won't have sound and will be fuzzy enough that nobody could read our lips. The library will prevent people from walking in on us"

"I'll head to class since I've already heard everything" Aoko smiled. She didn't want to get in the way of Kaito making a proper friend that was their own age. She gave a small wave before hurrying off.

"Very well..." Saguru breathed, feeling very confused. At least his confusion shouldn't last too long if they're planning on informing him about things that he apparently wasn't aware of. He'd been somewhat excited to meet Kaitou Kid's son in person instead of just contacting one another through mail. The fact that the curious thief had perished had been very upsetting, Kid had encouraged him to think outside the box. It was very rare that things could be just black or white. Saguru silently followed the two to the school's library.

Kaito made quick work of the security system, allowing them to enter before setting it back up and leading his two companions into the deepest part of the library. The librarian wouldn't realize that they'd entered before him so long as they stayed relatively quiet. Once they were all settled, Kaito wrung his hands together "Okay, here's the full truth" He explained the truth about the situation regarding himself and Lapin. By the end of the story, Saguru was looking at them with wide eyes.

"That sounds impossible..." Saguru paused, eyeing the two curiously "But my father wouldn't have cooperated if you two weren't telling the truth" Any lie they'd made could be easily disproved if he asked his father, so the two had to be telling the truth.

Lapin nodded "I know it's hard to believe, but it really is the truth" It was still hard for him to believe it himself, but the facts didn't lie.

Indigos lowered a bit as Kaito looked away "I'm sorry for not really being completely honest with you beforehand, but it was just safer to have Kaitou Kid dead"

Saguru's gaze softened, noting that the other seemed to be truly apologetic "I understand. There was no reason for me to know, telling me would have been incredibly risky" He also wasn't as experienced back then as he was now. A small smile made it's way onto his lips "Since you've decided to fully involve me, I take it that you wouldn't deny my help?"

Kaito returned the smile with a faint one of his own "You're experienced, and I've gotten a lot better at accepting help" He felt kinda awkward for some reason "If you're willing, your input would be appreciated" He wanted to properly befriend the other, he'd been too wary for friendship the last time he'd seen Saguru in person. Hadn't thought that he deserved friendship.

The smallest of the three was watching the interaction curiously. Kaito seemed to be oddly hesitant compared to his usual self, maybe shy? Was that even possible? Maybe, it didn't seem like Kaito had many friends, if any at all from what he'd seen so far. Kaito had family and trusted people, but friends? He hadn't heard of any so far. The library lights flickering on caught their attention "So the librarian is here, how long should we stay hidden?"

"Ah, ten minutes at least, my wheelchair isn't something that people pass over easily" The library entrance was narrow due to the anti-theft precautions that sounded whenever an unscanned book passed through the sensors. It was a bit awkward and took a bit of careful maneuvering to get in without bumping into them.

Saguru pulled out an antique looking golden pocket watch, despite it's obvious age, it looked well cared for "I suspect that we'll probably be late for our first class"

Kaito blinked "You can run ahead once we leave the library"

Lapin smiled "But then how will you get up the stairs?" Aoko had left already.

"Um" Kaito's back stiffened at the realization "I already talked with Hakuba-kun, so there's no reason for me to attend class now" He wasn't physically capable of getting up the stairs with his wheelchair. Maybe if he was alone and not on a time limit he could somehow drag it after him as he dragged himself, but not here.

"It would be no problem for me if I were to assist you" Saguru offered, noting the other's predicament "While our relationship has had it's fair share of lies, I do view you as more than a stranger" They'd talked off and on, and Kaito had been as honest as possible with him.

"Being carried by Hakuba-niichan should be less embarrassing than being carried by Aoko-neechan" Lapin chirped in a childish voice.

Kaito visibly grimaced "Please don't go all childish when you don't have to. Lapin isn't like Conan, you can be yourself more" Lapin sounded creepy like that! How did people ever think that that was cute? Or was him knowing the truth making it seem more off-putting?

Me: This Saguru is more laid back after having met Kaitou Kid when he was younger~

Comment? ^-^

Ta da! My 100% original cross stitch ^-^

It's decent for my first original attempt >~< so happy

It's decent for my first original attempt >~< so happy. Now working on printed pattern I bought until I can find another good muse for a photo

Animals have too many colours and it's expensive when I don't have those colours >^<