16. A Plot?

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 10 2021
Posted January 1 2022

Got my third Covid shot >~<

Overall Kaito spent about an hour talking with Kusama, catching up with each other and just theorizing about techniques to help people recover more comfortably. While Kaito wasn't a doctor, he knew a lot about the human body and was a quick study. The doctor sometimes joked about him joining him in the field if he ever decided not to be a detective.

Unfortunately, Kaito couldn't talk with Kusama forever, the guy was busy and his appointment slot couldn't be extended. So at the end of the appointment, Kaito had to leave, giving Goldy some attention before texting Ginzo to pick him up. Technically he could go and spend the day doing whatever he wanted, but he was grounded. Kaito didn't like to ignore his punishments, Ginzo only grounded him when the inspector really felt like he deserved it. He already got away with more than he should, so it was better for him to just behave. Kaito also didn't like to make Ginzo disappointed with him.

The minor surgery was scheduled to happen in just a few days. It was something Kaito was thankful for. He was already stuck in his wheelchair, so he might as well use that time to recover and overall shorten the amount of time that he'd be stuck in it. It was a nice wheelchair, but he preferred the mobility that his crutches gave him. Kaito was playing with Goldy as Ginzo pulled up, unable to just sit there and ignore the dog as he waited.

"Did everything go well?" Ginzo inquired as he helped Kaito wheel himself into the loading spot. The van was fancy, it grabbed onto Kaito's wheelchair and lifted him into the van. The seats were easy to both put in and take out, it was convenient.

Kaito nodded, checking to make sure his wheelchair wouldn't roll around "Yeah, the appointment is in three days"

Ginzo frowned "I still can't get over how fast your appointments are booked" The clinic wasn't just reserved for rich people. It was a low cost clinic, meaning that it had quite a number of patients.

"It's usually after hours" Kaito replied. He wasn't the only one who had after hour appointments, some things were really time sensitive and Kusama wasn't a fan of just waiting until there was an open spot, especially if it meant lowering someone's chances of a better recovery. The hours were just a guideline, one that prevented the place from being overwhelmed.

The inspector hummed as he started to drive, making plans to check to see how many painkillers Kaito left from last time "Lapin was going through your stuff, he seemed bored"

Kaito blinked "Are my books not good enough for him?" He had a lot of books, and the sleuth was a bookworm. He couldn't see how the guy had gotten bored.

"I don't think he's used to being grounded" Ginzo offered, feeling slightly angry. Lapin's parents could hardly be called parents! "Since he's not allowed to go out, it's only making him want to go out even more"

"I hate when that happens" Kaito grimaced, why did the human brain have to be so stupid sometimes?

"Yeah, I was thinking that you could take him with you to school tomorrow"

Kaito made a face "Eww, school"

"It'll be a good way for you both to get out of the house despite being grounded" Ginzo explained "It was about time for you to go there anyways, so you might as well go before your surgery"

With a sigh Kaito agreed "Fine, but only because Lapin would probably enjoy being in a high school rather than staying at home" It was a small bit of normalcy that he'd be able to give the other. Normalcy was something special, and something often taken for granted. Even if it was just high school.

Ginzo smirked, glad that Kaito had agreed "Right, I'll make sure to be up in time to drive you three to school. I'll also phone to get Lapin a visitor's pass" He was working tomorrow, so it shouldn't be too hard. It also helped that Lapin would most likely behave better compared to an actual child.

Kaito pouted, he didn't want to go to school. The stupid wheelchair lift was probably still broken and he knew that Ginzo wouldn't go back on his grounding by giving him back his crutches "You're the one who's gonna have to tell Aoko that she might have to carry me up the stairs"

"Is it still broken?" The inspector wasn't impressed.

"Probably"

"Well, I'm sure it'll be fine" Ginzo teased "Aoko is strong, and you're small. Your wheelchair is fairly light too" He's seen Aoko carry Kaito before, his son's flustered face was always funny.

"Oi!" Kaito scowled "I have grown a bit you know" Kaito crossed his arms. The growth hormones that he was taking had been helping a lot in getting him to grow.

"It will be fine" Ginzo assured him, a smile on his lips "Just trust me okay?" He needed Kaito at school tomorrow.

Indigos narrowed "If you say so..." If Ginzo turns out to be wrong, he'll just test out some itching powder on him. He'd tested it on his legs to make sure that it wasn't dangerous. No rash had appeared so it was good to go. Despite not being Kid anymore, he was still mischievous when he got in the mood.

"I know so" The inspector stated, hoping that his information had been correct. Kaito's tone was telling him that there'd be some unpleasant consequences if he turned out to be wrong. Danashi had informed him to make sure that Kaito went to school tomorrow, even if he had to drag him. He wasn't sure why, but the guy probably had his reasons for wanting Kaito to go to school tomorrow specifically.

Kaito hummed "Since I'm going to school tomorrow, can you move the chocolate milk powder from the top of the fridge?" He might be able to convince Lapin to get it for him, but he'd rather have easy access to his treat. Ginzo liked to put it out of reach whenever he got grounded, which was rude, very rude.

Me: hmmm so why do you think Danashi wants Kaito to be at school?

Comment? ^-^

I managed to finish my stupid embroidery for Christmas QAQ December 23 was really cutting it close

Now, I can do the cross stitch that I've been forced to put on hold >~<

My nanny loved it ^-^... My first and probably last embroidery