Chapter 5 : Trouble In Paradise

A few days later.

Manik placed his guitar on the floor, as he impatiently waited for Nandini's call. It had been a few weeks since he left India for the concert tour. It was exhilarating and rewarding to see so many fans eager to watch him perform but he missed Nandini a lot.

"Hey hottie."

Manik rolled his eyes. Not again.

"You know, you look sexy when you play hard to get."

"Back off Inaaya."

"Uff, that 'ada' of yours." Inaaya stood in front of him, as he stood up. Manik looked her up and down judgementally before rolling his eyes.

Inaaya, having no sense of self, stepped closer and traced his jaw with her finger when Manik caught her wrist.

"Stay away." Manik said, pushing her hand away.

"You know I can't. You are stuck with me, for the rest of the tour. Too bad na, that we collaborated for an album?" Inaaya asked with a mocking tone, settling on a chair with her front pressed to the chair's backrest and resting her chin on her hand.

"Wo kaun se bure waqt main contract sign kiya maine?" Manik cursed himself.

"You sound sexier when you talk in Hindi, you know?" Inaaya twirled her hair around her finger.

Manik rolled his eyes and pushed her aside. "You really have thick skin, don't you? Ugh."

"Wohoo, save that anger in bed. I would love to see you all angry and monster-like but in bed."

"I said, back the fuck off. I am married, and I have no interest." Manik said, fixing his hair.

"Manik, it's time for a change. Reha, give him his changes." Rohit, Manik's manager informed.

They were backstage, in one of the biggest stadiums in London. Manik decided to focus on his performance and ignore Inaaya for the time being.

He took his shirt off and picked up the one which was kept for him.

"That body...you know you can have so many women if you wished. But marriage, really? Commitment is for losers, Manik." Inaaya instigated him.

"Fuck off."

"You have no idea how attracted I am to you right now." Inaaya placed her hands on his bare chest.

"Inaaya, you are a woman, and I respect that. But don't make me slap you." Manik said, pushing her hand off him and walking away.

"Kab tak bachoge, mere charm se?" Inaaya said, smirking.

-----

Another week passed, with Inaaya flirting her life away with Manik, Manik ignoring her and not standing up for himself, and Nandini missing him a lot.

Amms had come to live in Mumbai for a few days, to distract Nandini.

"Amms, I think I want a baby boy first." Nandini said, sipping her milkshake.

"Aisa kyun kanna?"

"Pata nahi Amms, I love girl babies too, but I want my first child to be a boy. But Manik wants a girl! He has even started looking for a name." Nandini said, rolling her eyes.

"Achha? So excited?"

"Very Amms! He is crazy! He is planning to buy a new house! Amms, kya fayda hai? Baby will sleep with us for a year or two. Vaise bhi yeh penthouse mein kafi rooms hai."

"That is how he shows love kanna."

"He spends too much. He insisted on buying maternity clothes. Amms, ab tak moti nahi huyi hun main, hai na? Do I look fat?" Nandini asked.