Chapter 6 : Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

Nandini's sleep was disturbed by the door opening. She knew who it was. She checked the time on the clock and it was 3 AM. Wrapping a night robe around herself, she walked out of the bedroom and saw Manik taking off his shoes.

"Hey, you are awake?" Manik asked, looking at her sleepy face.

"Just woke up." Nandini hugged Manik.

Manik smiled. They had made up four days ago on text. She looked calm, much to his relief.

"I missed you so damn much. I realise it, as I see you now." Manik said.

"Same." Nandini looked up. She stood on her toes and kissed him.

"Nandini, you are still sleepy. Let's go and sleep, chalo." Manik said, after a while.

"Hmm, I can sleep peacefully, now that you are here." Nandini said sleepily. Manik smiled and picked her up in his arms, abandoning his luggage in the living room.

Morning, 7AM.

Nandini's phone started ringing but she was in deep sleep. But it disturbed Manik, who had a disturbed sleep, thanks to jet lag.

It was Shanno.

"Hello, Chachi?"

"Arre tum aa gaye?"

"Haan Chachi, bas kal raat." Manik whispered.

"Nandini so rahi hai kya?"

"Haan Chachi, kuch important hai kya?"

"Nahi nahi, main bas usse yaad dilaane waali thi ki aaj tum dono ko lunch ke liye yahan aana hai, thik hai?"

Manik smiled fondly. Whenever he came back from business trips or concert tours, Shanno always called him and Nandini to come and eat her Punjabi meals. She was of the opinion that he should reacquaint himself with his roots everytime he goes out of town.

"Jee Chachi. We'll come by 12. Don't worry."

"Haan beta. Tum late aaye hoge. Ab so jaao. Bye."

Manik kept the phone aside and admired Nandini. She looked very peaceful. He took in her appearance, after one whole month. There were many changes, which were not clear in video calls and pictures. Nandini had put on weight and her cheeks were chubbier than before. Her baby bump was a bit visible.

He realized how life would change for them in a few month's time. They would be called a 'family' and not just a couple.

'How did I ever come to this stage in life? Just some years ago, life was so different. I was dating someone else, I had a completely different lifestyle, I was reckless, I made mistakes, Nyonika took advantage of it, I used to do whatever she came up with, to save Fab 5. But ever since, Nandini entered my life, I started feeling responsible. My mistakes would not just affect me, it would affect her. And it did. Everytime I messed with Nyonika, Nandini was harmed.'

'But Nandini changed the whole 'give and take' lifestyle. She showed me that relationships can mean something. I took some time to accept my feelings for her. And we went through so much. Sacrifices, believing we are toxic, obsessed fanatic, creepy teacher, and a witch mother. And we lasted!'

'Now, she is beside me, as my wife, my life partner. And now, the mother of our unborn child. Could life be any better? I couldn't ask for more.'

Nandini stirred in her sleep and turned towards Manik, hugging him. Manik gladly hugged her back.

"I love you." Manik whispered, kissing her forehead. Nandini's lips curved into a smile in response.