Chapter 11 : Heal Me

"Nandini!"

"Haan?" Nandini answered as Manik hollered from outside.

"Kitna time lagega yaar?" He cribbed.

"Aa rahi hun na!"

Manik got fed up of waiting and entered the bedroom. There stood Nandini, in a lilac saree, her hair loosely tied into a messy bun, a diamond necklace gifted by him and her signature ruby woo lipstick.

"Damn. You want to stay in bed all night or something?" Manik said, slapping her ass.

"Manik! Naitik hai yaha!" Nandini widened her eyes.

Manik shrugged looking at his son who looked busy with Nandini's phone.

"He doesn't care. Look at you...looking all sexy." Manik said, hugging her from behind. Nandini smiled and looked at the mirror.

"Do I look okay? It's the first time I am dressing up after his naming ceremony."

"Okay?! You look so hot I want to rip this saree off-"

"Manik, stop being a perv and get off me." Nandini laughed.

"Perv?!! I am your husband yaar."

"I know. I am just kidding."

"Hmm...tonight I am not leaving you. Birthday sex?" Manik suggested, nuzzling her neck and shoulders.

"We already did that. Besides it is what we do for your birthdays mostly, not mine."

"We should do it for your birthday too."

"Okay."

"Really?"

"Yes, lekin agle saal se. Come na Manik, let's leave. You said you are going to surprise me!"

"Yeah but..."

"Pleeeease??" Nandini made a puppy face.

"Okay fine."

"What about birthday sex after coming back? What if I say we can involve the shower element?" Nandini spoke huskily.

"Hmm ...sounds yummy." Manik replied, holding her tightly.

"Yummy?! Seriously? Anyway, chalo. We can do that only if we come back, and for that we have to leave first. Carry Naitik, I will wind this up." Nandini said, coming out of his hold.

Manik picked his son up and went to the living room and waited for her.

-----

"How am I supposed to believe you are 28?" Alya said.

"Well, we just have to accept it." Nandini said, laughing.

"Chachi!! Happy Budday!" Adah said, jumping.

"Thank you baby!" Nandini kissed Adah on her cheek.

"Chachi where is Naitik?"

"He is with Cabir Chachu."

Adah, not wanting to stay with boring adults ran away to find Cabir and Naitik while Nandini talked to her friends and family.

Manik had arranged a get-together for Nandini's birthday at their farmhouse. Yes, their farmhouse, not just his. Nandini and Manik co-owned almost all the properties which was previously just Manik's. This happened right after they got married. For Nandini it didn't really matter but Manik made sure both were equally owning all their properties.

Just then someone tapped Nandini's shoulder from behind. She turned around only to find her childhood best friend Sujata and her then-boyfriend now-husband Vineet.