Chapter 10 : I Spy With My Little Eye

A bit of an emotional chapter! Also smut, so heed with caution!

-----

There was pin drop silence in the Khurana living room.

On one couch sat Aryaman and Soha and on the other sat Avinash Khurana with his ex-wife Sheila. Navya sat beside the crib to watch her daughter.

"Ahem...Saachi jaag gayi hai." Navya said with a small smile. She ignored Aryaman's gaze on her.

"Huh? Yeah yeah." Avinash stood up and went to see his grand daughter.

"Saachi Khurana...beautiful name." Avinash said.

Navya smiled in response, trying her best to continue ignoring Aryaman's burning glare.

"Sharp nose, just like her father...and she has your light eyes. Very beautiful."

"Oh? So you remember how I look? Great to know." Aryaman taunted. Navya shot a glare at him and looked away.

"So fair...just like my Soha."

Soha closed her eyes to calm herself. She loves her father to death, literally. But the same love and pampering that he gave destroyed her.

"Mr. Khurana-"

"Please sit down uncle. You can take her in your arms."

Aryaman was going to protest but he was pulled back by his mother.

"When's her birthday?"

"15th April."

"Oh...I wish I knew earlier. She is going to turn 1 soon then!"

"She is. You should come that day."

"That's it. Navya, come to the room right now." Aryaman stomped off to their bedroom while Soha looked at Navya with a worried look. As much as she wanted her father back in her life, she was worried about her brother.

In the room-

"Navya how could you say all that?" Aryaman blasted almost immediately.

"Aaram se baat kar sakte hai hum."

"Nahi! Navya, he is my father! I know how he is!"

"How Arya?! You barely spent your life with him!"

"I know him! Wait, you don't believe me right?!" Aryaman stomped towards his locker and took out some files.

"The branch of Q-music that he is handling is going in loss! He is here in the pretext of financial aid!"

"No...that can't be true..." Navya looked sad. She had trusted the wrong person again. 

"Fine. Nahi yakeen hai? Mat karo." Aryaman threw the file away.

"I am not stepping out of the room. And I don't want my daughter anywhere near him. Saachi has to be by me while you handle him." Aryaman declared and sat on the bed.

-----

Since a few days, Manik had been acting weird. Nandini noticed but ignored it. But she also got fed up.

"What is it Manik? Yeh kya sada hua chehra banaate rehte ho tum?" Nandini asked, working with Naitik in her arms.

"Nothing."

"It is definitely not nothing. Your face looks like you have tasted bitter gourd."

"Very funny. Just let me do my work and quit nagging." Manik said and looked at his laptop.