CHAPTER 17

Slade Donovan's Point of View

I felt horrible when I heard Gabriella crying in her room, but I didn't regret what I did. I was pulled to her, and watching her with Teale reawakened my sex beast. I would have explored every inch of her body if she hadn't pleaded. I knew she'd probably despise me more than she hated herself, but I didn't care.

I was too soft on her, and as a vampire Prince, I had to be strong and not turn into a weak prince in the presence of a human simply because she resembled my deceased girlfriend.

Someone entered my room through the open door. I initially believed it was another slave until I glanced closer and realized it was Gabriella. She'd cut her lengthy hair, which I enjoy tugging and running my fingers over. Her freshly cut hair did not rhyme since one section was shorter than the other.

"What exactly do you want me to do? "Your highness," she says, bowing her head.

Gabriella would never do such a thing.

"My prince," she bowed once more.

"Stop bowing, Gabriella," I said.

"Isn't that what you want, my prince?"

I disregarded her snarky comment and focused my attention on her hair.

The hairstyle did not appeal to me. Gabriella looks good in any hairstyle, but seeing her with short hair and a new attitude irritated me. "How come you cut your hair?" I inquired, but she did not respond. "How come you cut your hair?" I asked again, but she didn't react or raise her head to look at me. "Gabriella!" I screamed and grabbed her throat. I shoved her against the wall with my hand around her throat, using my super speed.

"You respond when I ask you a question!" Gabriella didn't say anything and didn't show any signs of pain, but I knew she was in anguish because I could feel her emotions.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" I yelled at her, but she still didn't reply. When I let go of her throat, she gasped for air. "I never said you should be mute when I said you should respect me," I told her, and still, she didn't show any sign of replying to me.

I didn't like the new Gabriella since the old Gabriella never gave up without a fight.

"Gabriella!"

"You're irritated, aren't you?" Gabriella finally said something. "What the hell is your problem, your highness?" She yelled. "You said I had to obey you, and I did. "What's the matter with you?" I enjoy how she responded to me now.

"For your information, Slade," she exaggerated. "You are a scumbag, and you know how I will finish you today!" She shrieked and dashed over to me. She had slashed my arm with scissors before I realized what was going on. I didn't even see she was holding a scissor. I couldn't even hear her thoughts because she pretended not to think about killing me.

All of her silent treatment and fake attitude was meant to kill me, but she didn't realize that as a royal vampire, the only way to kill me was to stab me with the immortal knife that belonged to my father, the king.

The gash on my hand healed quickly, and she slashed me in the neck in the blink of an eye. Blood pooled, but it recovered in an instant. "Stop," I said, grabbing my hand and twisting it backward. She yelped and dropped the scissor in her hand. "You won't be able to murder me, Gabriella. I'll cheerfully welcome my death the day you figure out how to kill me, Gabby." I told her and drew her in close.

We both exchanged angry glances. Her eyes were filled with rage and venom.

"I'll figure out how to murder you, Slade, and when I do, I'll burn your body to ashes."