CHAPTER 4

Gabriella Monet POV:

When I opened my eyes again, I was still in the same blue room. My body aches from all the kicking and beating. My dress was soaked with blood and the smell of sweat.

"When was the last time I showered?"I sniffed myself and almost puked at the smell of my blood and sweat. "Why am I still in this fucking room?" I shouted so that Blue Eye could hear.

As I predicted, he entered the room with a smirk on his face. "Well, well. Look who is awake, the fighter," he mocked and laughed.

"Why didn't you kill me?"I asked because, after all the insults I gave to him, he should have killed me. After all, that's what vampires are known for.

"What would I gain if I killed you, huh?" he questioned.

I rolled my eyes at him and struggled to stand up from the bed, but the pain in my body made me feel weak. Someone knocked on the door, and I wondered who it was. "Guess Mr. Blue Eyes had invited someone else."

"My name is Slade, not Blue Eyes," he corrected. "Come inside elegance," he said to the person at the door.

"Good evening, my prince," the girl bowed to Mr. Blue Eyes. From her stature, she couldn't be more than nineteen or twenty. She was a dark-skinned girl just like me, with long black hair.

"Elegance, I want you to dress her up for the ball tonight," Slade commanded.

"Asshole," I thought and laughed, knowing well that he could read my thoughts. He turned to look at me and smiled.

"Take her to the room and get her dressed for the night," he ordered.

"Yeah, my prince," the girl bowed.

"Come on, let go," she said to me.

I whined, "I'm not going anywhere and I won't attend any stupid balls. Besides, I can't even walk."

Slade walked up to me and dragged me out of the bed. "Ouch," I groaned as I hit the floor.

"Follow her now or will you rather go naked?" he threatened and eyed my blood-stained dress.

"Pervert"

"I'm not a pervert, Gabriella. Elegance makes sure she is dressed before the ball starts. She could be very stubborn, but I hope she'll warm up to you," he explained, and elegance bowed to him.

I stood up from the floor and limped to the door. Slade smirked at me as I limped to the floor, and it made me want to kill him if I could.

"Fool! I wonder if he is one. " I thought and laughed out loud.

"I heard that," Slade said.

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes. "Don't you have better things to do than beat people up or read their minds?" I asked because I can't even have my privacy anymore without him constantly reading my mind.

He walked towards me and grabbed my hand. " Listen, royal people are coming to the palace today and I want you to behave yourself. One of them is my girlfriend. "

"Is that why you grabbed me?" I glared hard at him and freed my hand from his grip.

"Shut up Gabriella!"

"Talk to the walls, prince," I replied to him and limped out of the room with elegance beside me. Elegance led me to a room that was two doors away from Slade's room. The room was bigger than my house. A queen-size bed was inside the room, and I wondered who the blue-eyed man was trying to impress.

"This is your room, Gabriella," Elegance informed me. She opened the windows and pointed to the bathroom, which was close to where the bed was. "Go take your bath, Gabriella. You are really lucky! The prince made this room for you. Other slaves share rooms. "

"Oh really? I replied and walked into the bathroom, leaving her shocked by my reply. I entered the bathroom, which had a large jacuzzi, a mirror, and all the necessities needed like a toothbrush, shower gel, shampoo, hair conditioner, and other bathroom kinds of stuff. I pulled off my blood-stained dress and entered the warm-filled bathtub. I closed my eyes and thought about how my mother was doing.

Was she lonely? Scared?

                       ***

I woke up to the pounding noise on the bathroom door. Did I sleep for that long? "Gabriella, are you in there?"

"Elegance, is that you?" I asked just to make sure it wasn't the perverted prince.

"Yes, Gabriella. You've been in that bathroom for an hour now. Are you alright?" she asked.

"Come in elegance." Elegance opened the bathroom door and entered with a towel in her hand. She handed it over to me and I took it.

"Thank you, Elegance. I was just tired. I haven't eaten for days now. " I told her. "My stomach has been growling for a while now."

"I'll go get you some food now. Your dress is on the bed," she said and walked out of the bathroom. A few minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom and met Slade sitting on the bed.

"Oh my God, are you insane? What if I was naked? "

"It's not as if I haven't seen a woman's body before. What would make yours special?" he asked, folding his arms and waiting for my answer.

I ignored his question and asked him something else. "What are you doing here, prince?"

"I came to get you, but I can see you just came out of the bathroom."

"What the hell does he want? He is such a pervert," I thought, knowing that he could hear me.

"You are my slave, Gabriella, and I'm not a pervert," he said. Just then, elegance returned with a maid carrying food. "Why are you bringing food into this room?"Slade asked.

"Are you dumb or what? Can't you see I'm hungry? " I purposely had that thought because I wanted him to feel insulted for his stupidity. "Don't you know I have to eat, or do you want me to starve to death?" I spoke out loud and shouted at him.

"Gabriella, you are talking to a prince here."Elegance reminded me.

"Well, I don't give a damn," I replied. I could see Slade burning with anger from where he stood. He faced elegance and gave her one simple order.

"Elegance, I want you to return that food now!" ordered

"But my prince, she..." Elegance tried to argue, but the kicking of the bed and the loud noise it made stopped her from talking.

"I said to return the food," Slade shouted.

Elegance bowed and faced the maid who came with her. "I'm sorry, my prince. Lydia, please return the food. " The maid bowed and left the room.

"You are going to starve me?"I chuckled and walked closer to him. "Why don't you kill me now? You are such a coward." As soon as I said that, he pulled me by my hair.

"You are a problem, Gabriella," Slade complained.

Without a second thought, I raised my hand and slapped him across the face.

The room grew silent, but then elegance let out a scream. "Gabriella, what have you done?" she asked.

Slade glared at me and touched his face where I had just slapped him. He faced me with his eyes slowly turning golden.

How does he change his eyes like that? I wondered.

"Did you just slap me, Gabriella?" he asked in a scary tone. I was scared, but I didn't show it.