22

Gabriella Monet POV

The room grew silent as no one said a word. Slade seemed shocked as his mouth was opened, and his hand was on his left cheek. "What's wrong with you?" Madam Hunter broke the silence by grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room. I broke my hand free when she got to the entrance.

"Never lay your hands on me again." I pointed a finger of warning at her, and then I turned to face Luciana on the ground. "You!" I meant to her. She glared at me with her glowing red. Her fangs were already out, and she growled at me. She lunged at me but was stopped by Slade.

"Get out, Gabriella!"

"Why?" I scoffed and pointed at both of them. "You want me to leave so you can finish what you started!" I refer to the position I met them when I entered the room. "You both want to sleep with each other!" I sounded like I had something against them. "That was not what I wanted to say. I..." I stuttered.

"Get out!" Slade yelled at me. His left eye was ocean blue, while his right eye was golden. He glared at me with so much hatred and shouted at me again. "Get out, Gabriella," His fangs were now out, and he turned his head to the other side and growled out. "Rhoda!" He referred to Madam Hunter. "Take her out now!" He ordered.

Rhoda beckoned to the guards to drag me out of the room. The guards held my hands and pulled me out of the house while I yelled and kicked and struggled against them. "Let's me go!"

When we got outside the room, Rhoda closed the door and turned to face me
"You disrespectful being!" She slapped me hard on the face. Before I could say anything, she pulled me down the hallway with my ear.

"That hurt!" I fought and slapped her hand, but each time I touched where the ear she pulled, She either hit me on the back or slapped my hand away. Her grip on my ear grew tighter, and I screamed so loud that it resounded in the hallway. After walking for a few minutes, we got to the front of a door that didn't seem familiar. It was a silver door with different padlocks.

I tried to raise my head to look at the door, but Rhoda pulled me down with my ear. "Ouch!" I cried out. "Where are you taking me to?"

"The cold room." She replied

"The cold room?" I shouted. She had told me about the cold room, and as she explained, it didn't seem like an excellent place to stay. "Why are you taking me there?"

She lets out a dry laugh. "You slapped the prince, you useless human. You deserve to rot inside the cold room!" She pulled my ear hard, and it felt like I would lose an ear.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked opposite us, and when I tried to look up at the person, Rhoda pulled me down again with my ear. The vote was soft and comforting, sounding familiar like I'd heard. "Gabriella, is that you?" The person answered.

"Yes," I raised my head and slapped Rhoda's hand away from my ear. She let go of my ear and grabbed my arm. The person turned out to be Teale. The only vampire I was comfortable with.

"Let's go of her right now!" He commanded, and I smiled.

"But, your highness," Rhoda tried to argue, but I cleared my throat and whispered.

"He is a prince."

"Very well then," she let go of my arm and bowed to Teale. I rubbed my ear, which was aching so bad then I smiled at my savior. "Teale!" I smiled again.

"Trouble again?" He chuckled and grabbed my hand. "Come, you look a mess." He pointed to my head which had stopped bleeding, but the blood had dried on my face. "You are in a castle filled with vampires, and your blood smells nice." He sniffed my head, and his purple eyes glowed but became dim again. "Why are you taking her to the cold room?" He asked Rhoda.