26

Gabriella Monet's POV

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My sister, whom I had assumed had died, stood in front of me. Anabella, my sister, was kidnapped by the vampires who murdered my father two years ago. I thought she had died, but seeing her alive and pregnant at the Royal Castle astonished me.

My gaze was drawn to her enormous, wide belly. She put her palm on her stomach when she noticed me glancing at it. "Anabella," I said as I approached her and drew her into an embrace. I didn't care if she was pregnant; all I wanted to do was see her.

"What on earth is going on here?" The king's voice rang forth.

"Who in the world are you?" The woman I mistook for my sister shoved me off her body. "Your highness," she said as she bowed to the king. "Is this how you greet your visitors? How could a slave look down on me?" She screamed. Her eyes, which were meant to be obsidian like mine, were green, which explains only one thing. My sister had been reincarnated as a vampire.

"An...Abella," As she slapped me across the face, my gaze shifted to the opposite side. "Anabella!" I yelled.

Everyone in the lobby started murmuring to one another. "What arrogance!" The man next to my alleged sister yelled. "What right does a slave have to touch my wife? What is this, your highness?"

"Please accept my apologies, Lord Xavier," The king apologized. He motioned to two guards while pointing at me. "Take this slave and confine her to the cold room."

"No," I cried as the guards dragged me away.

"Allow me to go! Annabella, how dare you pretend you don't know who I am?" I yelled at my alleged sister. I attempted to touch her but was yanked away.

How dare Annabella pretend she doesn't know who I am? How could they punish me for wanting to be reunited with my sister?

"Your highness," Slade exclaimed as he approached the king. He knelt in front of him. I was curious as to why and what he was about to do. "Please have mercy on my slave. I sincerely apologize on her behalf." He agreed.

Everyone in the lobby exclaimed, amazed that the prince would kneel because of me. "Crown Prince, what are you doing?" The king clenched his teeth. They both stared at each other without saying anything. It was as if they had an inner dialogue. "Very well then," The king said, finally agreeing. "Get her out of here!" He gave the order.

"Thank you, your highness," Slade said as he stood up and approached me. He told the guards to let me go and grabbed my hand, but I fought against his grip.

"Allow me to go. I need to speak with my sister."

"Stop whining..." He dragged me out of the lobby while I yelled and attempted to break free. "Anabella!"

Slade carried me on his shoulders as he headed toward his room while I struggled against him. When we reached his room, he laid me on his bed. "Gabby, what the hell is your freaking problem? You just humiliated the entire royal family in public."

What on earth does he mean by that? I only want to reunite my long-lost sister.

"Anabella is alive. Slade, she is still alive!" I got out of bed and tried to walk toward Slade's door, but I was stopped. "I have to see my sister, Slade!" I struggled with him.

Slade pinned both of my hands to the bed, making it impossible for me to get up. "Allow me to go!" I yelled.

"Pay attention!" Slade screamed. "You die if you go back there!"

"I don't mind dying," Slade growled at me in response to my response.

"How dare you bring up death with me, Gabriella?" He growled once more. "Don't ever bring up the subject of death with me again." He issued a warning.