30

Gabriella Monet POV

Aneka rushed at Gerald and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. Before he could fight back or say anything, she had thrown him on the Wall.

"What else are you going to do except throw me to the wall? You are pregnant!" Gerald reminded Aneka. "Stay away from my business," he stood up and stretched his hands and legs.

"I'm not staying away because she is my sister," Aneka admitted and I was scared for her because she was pregnant and could risk the life of her child. I liked the fact that She admitted she was my sister but I feared for her because she was pregnant.

"Anabella I mean Aneka, please don't fight him because of your unborn child," I begged her but she didn't listen and acted the way Anabella used to act whenever we fight with other kids.

She attacks without thinking.

In a blink of an eye, Aneka held Gerald by the throat and punched him in the face. She hit him repeatedly in the face and I gaped at her newfound power. Aneka held him up and threw him on the ground. "That wasn't so bad!" She turned to look at me and smiled.

I smiled back but quickly shouted when I saw Gerald standing up and rushing to hit Anabella. "Anabella, watch out." I pointed at Gerald who was behind her.

Gerald raised his hand to hit and I closed my eyes because I didn't want to witness seeing my sister getting hit. I waited for a shout from Anabella but it never came instead I heard a bone-cracking and opened my eyes fearing for the worse.

"Please be safe Anabella, " I prayed and slowly opened my eyes.

Well, it turned out that Anabella was still standing while Gerald was laying on the ground with his eyes closed. "Oh, My God! Did you kill him?"

"No. I knock him out." Anabella replied.

"You okay?" I questioned as I looked at her and wondered if she could still be standing while pregnant. Being a vampire does have good benefits except that its other side was worst.

Anabella didn't reply instead she grabbed a white blanket laying on the bed and draped it over me. "I should be asking you that. Are you okay?" She pulled me towards the bed and beckoned for me to seat on it.

I sat down on the bed and burst into tears. "He almost had me. If you hadn't come in then....." My voice broke and I started crying again. Anabella grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. I embraced her like my life depended on it and cried.

"Everything would be fine Gab." She gently patted my back as she consoled me.

"Why did you ignore me that day? Why did you slap me, Ana?" I questioned out of the blue.

"Because I never expected to meet you here and you could get yourself killed if Xavier finds out you are my sister." She explained.

"Xavier? The Lord you came with?" I questioned and she nodded. "How are you two connected? Did you marry him?"

Anabella shook her head. "No. Let's not get into my story tonight. We need to report this imbecile to the king." She pointed at Gerald.

"You think the king would do something about it?" I scoffed at my sister's stupidity. "The stupid king wouldn't do anything about it but blame me for it."

"You need to tell someone or he'll put it on you. He'll attack you again and when he does, I might not save you this time." Her response got me angry because I felt she was taking the side of the king.

"Listen, Ana, I've survived on my own for so long and even if you are not here, someone else would have saved me." That came out wrong but I needed her to understand that I had survived the worst scenarios on my own.