28

Gabriella Monet's POV

Here I am, hiding in Slade's closet because Luciana was with him. The cabinet couldn't fit my whole length. I squeezed into the closet with my hands by my sides, and my knees brought close to my chest.

While getting cramped in Slade's closet, I heard Luciana laughing. "I want to taste your lips," I heard her say.

"Try that, Slade, and you die!" I knew he heard my thought, and I expected him to push Luciana away, but he didn't. I couldn't listen to their conversations again, and I found it weird. I tried to peep, but it was futile as I couldn't see anything with all the clothes hung in Slade's closet. I waited patiently for Luciana to leave, but minutes, hours, and I was still stuck in the closet. I didn't know when I fell asleep in the closet.

"Gabriella!" Slade's voice brought me out of my dreamland. I opened my eyes and stared at him.

"Finally!" I shouted and rushed out of the closet. My left leg made a cracking sound, as if my bone was broken.

"You okay?" Slade questioned.

"Okay! "How dare you ask me that?"

"I'm just asking... Oh!" Slade groaned in pain as I kicked him in the balls. "Damn it, Gabby."

"Stay away from me, Slade." "I hate you so much, and seeing your face only infuriates me more!" I shouted and walked towards the door.

Gabby!" He rushed after me and grabbed my hand. "If this is about Luciana, I'm so." I didn't let him finish whatever he wanted to say as my palm made contact with his face. "Gabriella!" He touched where I slapped.

"You made me wait in that closet for hours while you and your soon-to-be bride laughed." "You left me there," I sniffled, trying not to let the tears out. "What are we even doing?" "What are we, Slade?"

He didn't reply; instead, he just stared at me. "Answer me, damnit!" I shouted.

"I don't know, Gabriella," his reply made me realize how much of a fool I was.

"I get it, Slade. I was just a slave which you could kiss and touch anytime. I knew you never liked me. "It was about the Bond and nothing more," I confessed. "I just realized that I've been nothing.." I paused and bit my lips as the tears rushed out. "I've been nothing but a fool, Slade." "I thought we had something, but it was all a lie." I sniffled and opened the door. "Let's pretend we don't know each other, Slade," I said and slammed the door in his face.

When I was outside, I covered my mouth as I sobbed silently. I walked into my previous room, which was just beside Slade's. I turned on the doorknob, and when it was opened, I rushed into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I sat under the shower and burst into tears. "Why?" I yelled and tore my clothes. I was a fool for love. I thought we had something, but it's all a lie.

The vampires had no feelings for humans. They didn't care because we were their puppets, and just when I thought I could trust them, I fell for the wrong person.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luciana's POV

I could be wrong, worse, or even worse because I hate losing. When I'm after something, I'll do anything to get it because that's who I am. Everyone thinks the little girl in the story is always the villain. Well, they were right about that. I've loved Slade for centuries, but to him, it was just pure lust. When Bianca came along, he turned away from me, so I got rid of her, and now that Gabriella has come, I have schemed a plan to get rid of her and the entire royal family except Slade.

"We need a plan," I said to my father as we entered the secret tunnel found by my father. The tunnel was used in the time of Lord Raylle, the vampire who started our rule over the world. The tunnel was used as a secret meeting point during his time. As the years went by, everyone forgot about the tunnel, but since my father envied the throne and wanted it all to himself, he renovated it every time we visited the castle. The King, who trusted my father like his own brother, doesn't suspect a thing, and I call him a fool.

"There you are," Xavier, my father's friend, wanted the same goal as my father but only wanted a position in the castle.

I looked beside him, where his wife, Lady Aneka, was seated. It was a round table, and at least five people were sitting around it. The five people include Xavier, Aneka, the head of the slaves, Rhoda, the king's bodyguard Lorenzo, and the Queen's maid, Sally. They were all part of the scheme because they wanted power. Everyone wanted power, and they'd do anything to get it.

My father sat on a chair at the end of the table while I took a seat beside him. "So what's the plan?" Xavier questioned.

"Easy there, Xavier. I have a question for her." I pointed to Aneka.

"Is anything the problem?" Aneka questioned. I smiled when I saw her hands trembling.

"No problem. Gabriella says you are her sister. Are you?"

"No!" She was quick to deny it, but I was suspicious of her.

"If you say so." "Now, onto the plan," I announced, and everyone shifted. "We must get rid of the king before the blood moon." Like in history, a vampire king became more powerful during a blood moon. "We need to get rid of the king before then."

"My daughter is right." "We need to kill the king." My father added

"I'm ready to do that. "So what do we do?" Xavier questioned.

"Here is the plan, Rhoda. Words spread faster among slaves, right?" I questioned.

"Yes," Rhoda answered back.

"Good," I chuckled. "Spread words about the king killing the slaves and a new savior who will help them," I referred to my father. "Humans are quick to believe whatever they hear."

"Consider it done, my lady." Rhoda bows her head.

"Now, onto the vampires." I turned to face my father."We need the vampires to support us, so father, spread the rumors as planned."

"Of course," my father nodded.

"Before getting rid of the king, we must get rid of the queen." "The King loves the queen, no doubt, and taking away his lover will send him on a killing rampage."

"How do we go about that?" Xavier questioned.

"Good. "We used Gabriella as bait, and you, Lady Aneka, would lure her into it."

"Why me?" She was quick to respond, which made her more suspicious.

"Except you are her sister, which would be bad for you," I told her.

"What, sister? She is not my sister. "I'm, you know. ", she chuckled. "I can do it," Aneka promised.

"That's great. The plan is to tell her you are her sister since you look like her. Pretend you are her sister, and then leave everything to us."

"She is going to find out." I know..." I raised my brows at her. "I mean, she will eventually find out."

"And is that your problem?" I countered.

"No!"

"Good. "You have a week to play her sister, and the following week, the queen dies."

I watched as Aneka played with the hem of her clothes. She was acting suspicious, and I was going to find out the truth about who she was.

"Once the queen is dead, the king will sentence Gabriella to death, getting her out of my way, and he will become weak, allowing us to get rid of him," I concluded, and they all agreed.

My plans were working perfectly as planned, and once Gabriella is gone, I'll have Slade to myself.