29

Gabriella Monet POV

It's been two days since I last saw Slade and those two days were miserable for me as I felt pains in my chest. It was as if my chest was being cut into pieces. I knew it was the bond that I shared with Slade and being away from him Made me realize that I could not do without him and it was infuriating.

After the episode with my supposed sister, Rhoda gave me another guest to serve and for two days, I've been used more than I expected. The guests I served were not Couples but siblings. The female was too demanding and orders me around while the Male make passes at me. They were both annoying but I decided to play along with them because I didn't want to anger any of them

"Clean my shoe for the party tonight," Candice, the female order. She bears a resemblance to a doll I used to play with as a child. She was slim and wears makeup all the time. Her blonde hair was always styled in a bun style and her nails were so long that they could pierce a person's heart.

"There is a party tonight?" I questioned her.

"Yes," she scrunched her nose in disgust. "Clean my shoe slave!"

"That's what I'm doing," I replied with gritted teeth.

"Be fast about it. I need to look good for the princes." Candice squealed. At the mention of princes, my mind went to Slade so I decided to ask her.

"Which of the prince?"

"Prince Kyle. He is so dreamy!" She said softly and then turned to glare at me. "What is your business with the princes? You have a crush on Prince Kyle."

"No," I shook my head in denial and continued cleaning her shoe.

"Daphne likes Kyle," I thought and looked at Candice who was busy staring at her reflection In the mirror.

After cleaning Candice's shoes, I helped prepare her dress. A red sequin dress that shows all her back and was too short. I never knew Vampires could be so slutty. Her brother Gerald wasn't an exception. He made me iron his blue tuxedo and polish his Italian brown shoes. When the time for the party came, they didn't even ask if I wanted to change my clothes. They made me go to the party in a pink gown that I have been wearing for two days.

When I bought up the idea of changing my clothes, Candice almost bite my head off. "You are not changing anything. You need to be by my side throughout the night." She shouted at me so I went into the party hall with them in my pink gown.

The hall was really large and enough to accommodate thousands of Vampires. The theme of the party was red and blue and there were at least a hundred round tables with three chairs each in the hall. Candice and Gerald walked toward their seat that was at the center of the hall. They both sat down while I stood behind them. The hall soon get filled with vampires and I found that my supposed sister and her husband were sitting beside Candice and Herald and Elegance happened to be their Slaves.

I pretend I didn't see Lady Aneka and when I turned to look at her, She smiled at me. Well, it wasn't something I was expecting but I wasn't ready to fall for her stupid pretense. "The King and Queen are here!" The arrival of the royal family was announced and they all walked inside the hall and took their seat in the front row. The princes soon joined as they walked into the hall in blue tuxedos. Luciana who wore a red mermaid dress had her hand around Slade's.

"He seems to be happy while I suffer." I thought and scoffed.

Slade must have heard my thought as he looked around probably searching for me. I looked in his direction and when our eyes met, we shared a moment. I shivered feeling cold as if he was right beside me. "Get me a drink!" Candice ordered and broke the connection.