CHAPTER 10

Gabriella Monet's POV

I wasn't sure how long I'd been locked in the darkroom, but my lips and legs shook violently on the cold ground. I was in pain because vampires regard humans as worthless. We were nothing, and even if we were correct, we were always wrong in their eyes.

Before throwing me into the dungeon, they didn't even listen to what I had to say. I pondered how humans lived until I fell asleep.

I had a dream in which Slade and I were involved. We were stargazing outside the castle in the plan.

"That's a nice one," I said, pointing to the brightest star in the sky.

"And that's another," Slade said, pointing to another star in the sky.

I couldn't believe I was having such a bizarre dream. A fantasy that would never come true in real life. I wouldn't say I liked Slade's gut and never once wished we were together. The girl in my dream resembled me, but she had blonde hair.

"Can you promise me one thing, Slade?" said the girl who looked like me.

"What is it, Bianca?" Slade inquired.

This was the Bianca that everyone was talking about.

Except for her hair, she looked exactly like me. My hair was black, and hers was blonde.

"Make me a promise, Slade," Bianca said.

"What is it, Bianca?"Slade responded.

"Promise me that you'll always remember me even if I die," she growled, waiting for an answer.

"Why would you bring up death, Bianca?"

"Because I'm about to die. You're a vampire, and I'm a human. I'm your servant, and you're my master. There is a rule that governs it."

"I'm going to turn you into my bride. You are mine for all time." Slade reassured her and drew Bianca in for a hug. "We'll be together forever, Bianca."

"Forever together"

I sat up after waking up with a gasp. I remained in the darkroom. My face was wet from excessive sweating, and my heart was racing.

"Was that a memory or a dream?"I inquired of no one in particular. "Oh my God, Bianca was in my dream. The girl who resembled me exactly." I exclaimed.

What kind of nightmare was that? Why was I dreaming about someone who had died years before?

These were my thoughts as I lay back on the ground and closed my eyes, hoping not to have to dream about Bianca and Slade again.

The creaking of the dungeon door jolted me awake. I opened my eyes as two men violently dragged me out of the dungeon.

"Can you tell me where you're taking me?"

I resisted and tried to free myself from their clutches. "Let me go; I've done nothing wrong. Let me go!!!!" I yelled.

I had been dragged into the arena—a possible opening for executions. I was shoved into a chair and forced to sit down against my will.

"If you want to kill me, do it quickly, and don't waste my time!"I yelled.

Instead of responding to me, they tied my hands and feet to the chair. I was so enraged that I yelled once more.

"Kill me and let me die peacefully!" I yelled at them, but they pretended not to hear me.

Soon after, a group of vampires and their slaves gathered in the arena to witness what was about to happen to me. I didn't give a damn about them. All I cared about was dying as painlessly as possible.