3

The next day, when Namjoon came out of his room wearing a black suit and tie and his hair down, Seokjin was making them breakfast. He was confused. Didn't the cook come in today?

"Why are you cooking?"

Seokjin shrieked and turned back, "Yah! Don't scare me like that."

Namjoon chuckled, "Sorry. But what happened to the cook? I heard Mrs Lee come in."

Seokjin continued to make whatever he was making, "Ah, yes. She did come but did you know she was pregnant? She started vomiting due to her morning sickness. So I sent her home. From now on, till her sickness is cured, I will make breakfast for us and she will join the work a little late." Seokjn stopped stirring and turned back with a worried expression, "I hope that is okay. I gave the orders without asking you."

Namjoon waved his hand and sat on the table, "It is fine. As I said yesterday, this is your house too. You can do whatever you like here. You don't have to ask me."

"Oh, okay. Thank you." Seokjin went back to breakfast with a pink hue on his ears.

"What will you wear for your job?" Namjoon asked, looking at Seokjin.

Seokjin came with two bowls, "Hobi will come with some of my clothes. And then we will go to university together."

Namjoon nodded, "Okay."

~

"So?"

Seokjin looked at Hoseok with a question mark, "What?"

"What happened last night?"

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "I slept."

"What?"

Seokjin chuckled, "We have different rooms and last night I slept."

Hoseok scrunched his nose, "Should have got you shit drunk last night. You are married, hyung. Couples sleep in a room."

Seokjin shook his head as he wore his trench coat, "Yeah, we are married legally, but in this house, we live as housemates."

"But you don't pay rent."

Seokjin tsked, "Hoseok!"

"Fine." Hoseok raised his hand in surrender, "But how long are you going to play this game? I mean have you talked about it?"

Seokjin shook his head, "We haven't talked about anything else."

~

They reached the university in time and went straight to the thumbprint machine.

"Seokjin-shi?"

Seokjin turned back and smiled, "Lisa-shi, how are you?"

Lisa smiled back, "I am fine. Actually, the principal is calling you."

Seokjin looked at Hoseok and Hoseok shrugged. Seokjin nodded, "I will be there."

Seokjin knocked and went in when he heard a faint come in. The principal signalled Seokjin to sit. "Why are you here?" The principal looked at Seokjin with a confused face

Seokjin was utterly confused, "I don't get what you are saying, sir."

"You mean to say," He took out an envelope from the drawer and gave it to Seokjin, "You didn't send this in?"

Seokjin opened the envelope and read it. His eyes widened and he gasped, "What? No! Why would I resign? I never sent this in."

The principal hummed, "It came in the mail a week ago. I knew you never have been unprofessional. So I thought it would be nice to ask you in person. Are you sure you don't want to resign?"

"I am a hundred per cent sure. I-" He read the letter again and he couldn't believe the letter was sent. It had his signature under the letter. Though it was a scanned print of his signature, he didn't trust anyone with it. He looked at the principal, "I am sure I don't want to quit the job. I am sorry about the mishap." He stood up and bowed. "Ummm... can I keep the letter?"

"Sure." The principal shrugged. "I don't need it anyway."

"Thank you." Seokjin bowed and went out of the office, still confused.

~

"Wow. This is a huge thing." Hoseok said, reading the letter. He sat on the Seokjin table, facing Seokjin, "This even has your sign."

They were sitting in the staff room and luckily there were no other teachers in the room.

"Exactly." Seokjin leaned back on his chair and closed his eyes, "Who would-"

Seokjin-ah, you don't have to do your job after we get married. I earn enough for both of us.

Seokjin-ah, can you send me your scanned signature? It is for the marriage certificate.

Seokjin sat up and cupped his face in his hands, elbows on his knees, "He- He tried to sabotage my job."

Hoseok was confused, "Who?"

"Jiwon." Seokjin looked at Hoseok with teary eyes, "He had asked me multiple times to leave the job because he earned enough for both of us. And just last week he had asked for my scanned signature. He-"

Hoseok rolled his eyes and threw the paper on the table, "I told you he wasn't the right person. He was making you dependent on himself so you wouldn't escape him. First your modelling career, now this?"

Seokjin pulled his hair in frustration and groaned, "I could have lost my job if the principal would have proceeded with it." He looked at Hoseok, "Why did I miss these obvious red flags?"

Hoseok pulled him in a hug, "Everything will be alright, hyung. You have freed yourself from him now. Focus on yourself, okay?"

Seokjin nodded in the hug but the tears from his eyes didn't stop flowing.