18

Seokjin didn't wake up that morning. His eyes opened when the sun rays were irritating him. He gasped and looked at the phone. 10 o'clock! Fuck! He hadn't set up the alarm because he didn't have any class till 12. He groaned and went to the bathroom to freshen up. When he went to the living room, he saw Namjoon wearing the suit and had the bag in hand already.

"Oh, hyung." Namjoon smiled brightly. How the fuck was he so bright after sleeping uncomfortably? "I had breakfast before you. I have to go early today. Sorry."

Seokjin nodded, "No problem." He looked around awkwardly, "Have a nice day."

Namjoon nodded, "You too!" And he was gone.

Seokjin huffed and sat on the dining table grumbling, "Should have set an alarm. But I will catch him tonight! He can't escape me!"

"Who can't escape you?" Saeha asked as she served Seokjin with his breakfast.

Seokjin waved his hand, "Nothing."

The day went by pretty normal for Seokjin. He reviewed some of the applications for the posts he had told the students and made the first-year student make the poster about the audition and selection. He was honestly tired but catching Namjoon red-handed kept him going.

"What is going inside your mind?" Hoseok asked him, "You look pretty lost today."

Seokjin shook his head, "Nothing." And just went on with his day.

~

After the diner, Seokjin and Namjoon sat on the bed doing their work. Seokjin was going through the applications and the designs sent to him and Namjoon was reviewing the interviews. Namjoon looked at Seokjin, "You are getting busier."

Seokjin nodded, "Yes. We are planning a play. So everyone in our department is in a frenzy."

"Oh." Namjoon looked at his laptop screen again, "You will be doing a live performance? Like every year?"

Seokjin hummed, "Yes. That is why we begin six months before the performance." He closed his laptop and sighed, "I am going to sleep. I am tired. Good night."

Namjoon nodded, "Good night."

Seokjin put his laptop on the bedside table and buried himself in the blanket. After about an hour Namjoon closed his laptop and went out of the room. As soon as the door closed, Seokjin got up and narrowed his eyes, "Gotcha!"

After about fifteen minutes, Seokjin went out of the room and saw Namjoon setting the pillow and the blanket to sleep. Seokjin went and stood in front of him.

Namjoon jerked and shrieked a little, "Ah, you scared me! You weren't asleep?"

"I wasn't." Seokjin glared at him, "Why are you sleeping here? Do you hate me? Or are you not comfortable around me even after three months of marriage? Am I that unloveable and irritating? You don't even fit in that couch!" He was angry. Fuming. He was hurt for reasons even unknown to him. But he knew one thing that it hurt him greatly. He felt like crying, but all his tears had already dried up.

Namjoon sighed and got up from the couch. He stood in front of Seokjin and smiled, "I don't hate you hyung. I can never. You are the sweetest person I have ever met! I am just trying to respect your space."

"My space?" Seokjin's face changed to confusion.

Namjoon nodded, "Well when you first came here, you said we would live as flatmates. And then when you shifted to my room, you insisted on sleeping on the couch. So I thought you must be uncomfortable sleeping with a male next to you."

Seokjin huffed, "That was because I was hurt-" He stopped himself from speaking any further. "I am sorry. I just keep overthinking everything."

Namjoon stepped closer and caressed his arm, "It is okay. I understand. Don't be so tough on yourself."

"I am sorry." Seokjin looked at Namjoon. He looked like a puppy who had been abandoned by his owner.

Namjoon enveloped Seokjin in a hug, "It is not your fault. I will sleep in our room from now on, okay?" Seokjin nodded in the hug, "Come on, let's go to sleep."

Namjoon took Seokjin to the room while holding his hand and made him lay on his side of the bed. Namjoon sat beside him and waited till Seokjin was comfortable. When Namjoon got up, Seokjin stopped him with his wrist, "You will sleep here, right?"

Namjoon chuckled, "I will. I promise. I will just quickly go and shut the lights in the living room, okay?"

Seokjin nodded. As promised, Namjoon came back quickly. He lied down beside Seokjin and turned to him, "I am here, hyung. Don't worry, okay?"

Seokjin took a broken breath and nodded. He closed his eyes. Namjoon just smiled as he admired the beauty of Seokjin's face in the moonlight that glowed through the huge window. "I don't know when I got so lucky, but I am glad that I found you. I am glad that you are here with me." He didn't know when he lost the battle to sleep but that night he had the best sleep.