}•{ Twisted..

~•} C H A P T E R|2 {•~

The unending rays of the sun finally decided to disguise under the blanket of sky marking the start of the evening

The unending rays of the sun finally decided to disguise under the blanket of sky marking the start of the evening. Bhavna Rathore rashly left her room in her heavy saree and expensive adornments

"Ruhanika!" She raved in her shrill voice.

"Yes, mummy Ji,"

Ruhanika replied whilst adjusting her heavily embroidered peach lehenga.

"Are Naina and Raina ready?"

"Umm... I haven't checked on them yet,"

"Then what were you doing till now? You are the eldest daughter-in-law, you must keep a check on everyone!"

"I will go and check,"

With this Ruhanika swung around around only to find both of them already standing on the staircase decked up beautifully.

"We are here mummy Ji,"

Both Naina and Raina uttered together and Bhavna raked her eyes on both of them.

"The difference between your and and her dressing sense is apparent as daylight after all they have a degree in makeup and fashion,"

Bhavna mocked making Ruhanika a bit insecure about her looks but Ruhanika didn't turn her mood bitter as it was an everyday thing now.

"Mummy Ji, there was an artist assigned to get us ready, it's not her fault," Raina justified in a low voice trying to not be disrespectful.

"And that's why I never wanted a middle-class girl to be my daughter-in-law but because of my father-in-law, I had to agree to get my Yuvraj married to this girl. And now my Vardhaan is also getting married to a middle-class girl!"

Bhavna yelled furiously paying no heed to what Raina said earlier.

Naina tried to say something but Ruhanika signaled her not to as the three of them watched Bhavna walk out.

"Bhabhi, why did you stop me from defending you? Mummyji is always like this. She leaves no chance to taunt us but I feel she has a different grudge against you,"

Raina muttered lowly so that no one other than them could hear.

"Just leave it, Raina. She was always like this and now I am used to this behavior,"

"But why she is like this?"

"Because she was against this marriage but couldn't go against Dadaji,"

Mumbling this Ruhanika hurried towards Yuvika's room to make her ready for the wedding that would happen in a few hours.

But she was astonished seeing her husband who was decked up in a three-piece suit, playing with a dressed-up Yuvika.

Ruhanika admired the view from far away. Her heart clenched as she couldn't help but reminisce about her parents who were dead.