}•{ Trust.

~•} C H A P T E R|19 {•~

Aakarsh closed his mouth as no words came out

He swallowed hard trying to moisten his dried throat.

He could feel her gaze on him but instead of feeling frustrated or angry like usual, he felt the urge to explain.

Explain what happened.

He knew he owed an explanation and she deserved one because leaving the world, family reputation, and everything, they were the ones getting affected by whatever was happening around them.

For god's sake, she was his legally wedded wife, and the news of him cheating would affect her the most!

"Aakarsh," she sighed.

"Give me a minute please," he murmured closing his eyes, fighting the sudden building headache as the memories of what happened swirled in his mind.

Clearing his throat, he called her, "Raina, don't question or cut me off in between."

When she nodded her head in affirmation, he sucked in a deep breath and started,

"That day when I informed you about my evening meeting... I left for the hotel at 5 pm. It took almost an hour due to the hotel being in the outer region. So since the time I reached the hotel, it was already 6 pm." He took a deep breath.

"I entered inside the hotel and waited in the food court of the hotel for an hour. The meeting was supposed to start at 6 pm but the land sellers didn't come. I decided to call them as it was 7 pm. I called them, they answered and apologized for the delay saying due to a big rock on the road they were late and probably will take an hour more. I believed them as it was a hilly region."

He inhaled sharply before continuing, "Then exactly at 7:30 pm I heard a scream. A scream for help. I looked here and there for the hotel staff but surprisingly there was none as it was their dinner break. I tried to ignore that thinking I must be hallucinating but then I heard another feminine scream. Not knowing what to do or whom to call, I decided to myself see what was happening. I didn't want to regret that afterward that someone got raped and I was there yet I did nothing..."

He balled his fists as his knuckles turned white. "I opened the door of that room and surprisingly it was not locked. I sensed something was wrong with the whole scenario yet I gave in to my urge to see and help. The moment my whole body was inside, the door was closed from the outside and a girl pounced on me. Through the dark I tried the much I could to get her off of me and at last not seeing any option, I used my physical strength which lead to her falling on the ground and bruising her forehead."

"I yelled and tried to open the door. But the door was strong and I wasn't a hero to be able to break it with a single punch you know. Well, the moment it opened, I felt that I succeeded... My god how wrong I was. I never succeeded because they opened the door and the moment I was out of that wooden door, there were flashes of the camera all around indicating the media." His voice turned lower and lower as if it physically hurt him to let those words out and think about everything again which created havoc in his almost peaceful life.