}•{ Consequences

~•} C H A P T E R|16 {•~

Ishani's lips parted in fear as a trembling sigh left past her lips the moment he tilted his head like a maniac and his dark eyes punctured right into hers

It was like he pinned her soul not only her body with his dominating gaze.

A cold chill ran down her spine as he approached her with a predatory gaze.

Terror,

Sheer terror was what she was able to feel seeing the madness in the man's eyes in front of her.

Her face paled as her mind thought of the consequence of what she did before.

Involuntary she stepped back.

Her tender skin sliced against the broken glass jug pieces letting a hiss escape her mouth due to the sudden unexpected pain.

But right now nothing was able to stop the devil in front of her who didn't even wince as the glass pricked his feet as well.

"Mr. Rath-"

Her attempt to defend or calm him was cut off as he demanded, "Not a word." His voice was surprisingly low and restrained but firm enough to leave no room for arguments as he clasped his palm over her mouth.

Her heart thudded loudly in her ribcage as he caged her between him and the wall. His silence terrorized her more.

Fear clouded her senses and the confident facade of her failing in front of his wrath.

"Scared now wifey?" His chilled voice rang inside the kitchen.

Keeping her head high she tried to say something but her muffled voice made him chuckle.

His cold chuckle made her actions stop as she froze in her place gazing at him like prey trapped by a predator.

"Why are you scared now when you weren't scared while threatening me with a knife?" His arm encircled around her waist as he questioned lowly.

"Why are you scared now when you weren't while pouring tomato ketchup on me?" He pulled her closer with each word he said as he removed his hand which was enclosing her mouth.

"Why to fear the snake when you drank the poison yourself?" He murmured just above her lips while his nails dug in her waist making her wince.

His menacing orbs glared back into her terrified yet steady ones.

Whereas she understood the underlying meaning of his words, he was talking about their marriage.

A sudden rush of adrenaline erupted within her as she raised her barefoot and dug her foot on his bare feet. The glass shreds which were still stuck in her skin now pierced his foot but dug deeper into her skin as well.