3

I was breathing fast.

My eyes opened and scanned my surroundings to ensure I was not dreaming.

Yvonne stood above me and said, "I want to be forever young."

I woke up with a jolt startling Emilia.

"What is it?" she asked.

I shook my head negatively and laid back on the bed.

"Talk to me Kwame," she insisted.

I let out a huge sigh and rubbed my temple.

She got on my body and planted a kiss on my lips. I was too tired to resist, so I kissed her back. Her tongue dove into my mouth as my hands wrapped around her.

"Kwame?"

I tightened my hold on her as she gasped and preyed on my neck.

"Kwame??"

I could hear my name but it wasn't from Emilia.

"Kwame???"

I looked above and saw Yvonne staring at me with her head tilted to the right, "Kwame?"

I opened my eyes and realized I was still in the dining room. The glass was still shattered on the floor, and my former fiancé still staring at me through the mirror.

"Kwame?" she called, "Is everything alright?"

Was everything alright? She was talking to me through a god-damned mirror for crying out loud!!

"Kwame? I heard noise is everything alright?" Emilia asked.

I turned around and saw Emilia standing by the door with her crutches supporting her.

I looked at the mirror and Yvonne was still there.

"Kwame, are you okay?" asked Emilia as she moved towards me.

My gaze returned to the smiling face in the mirror as I swallowed hard and gave Emilia a positive nod.

Emilia stood in-between me and the mirror; placing her hand on my cheek, "Speak to me."

Yvonne walked out of the mirror and towards us. Emilia turned around and was face to face with her but couldn't see her.

Emilia scanned my face, "Are you seeing something I'm not?"

I was about to speak but couldn't as Yvonne covered my mouth with one of her hand.

"Kwame?! What's wrong?!" Emilia was scared now probably because of my face.

Yvonne touched Emilia's hip and the latter let out a scream and fell to the floor.

I rushed to Emilia and placed her head in my arms.

I was about to scream at the apparition to find out what she had done but, she was no longer there.

Emilia whimpered while holding the part which was touched by Yvonne.

I soothed her and kissed her forehead whilst scanning my surroundings. I didn't want a ghost of Jonah showing up.

The following morning, Emilia wasn't able to get up or move as little as she could.

I had to bathe her and it was my first time in 100 years to see a naked woman's beauty. My libido couldn't engage because I had the guilty feeling that she would have been my granddaughter's age mate if Yvonne never died.

Yvonne...

"I'm quite offended that you aren't aroused by me," Emilia pouted as I scrubbed her back, "I'm probably like a little girl in your eyes. If only they were bigger."

By 'they', she meant her cleavage and posterior. I'm not really a shape person so it didn't matter to me. I gave her the sponge to handle her front herself.

"You do it," she said refusing to take the sponge, "My hips will hurt if I do it myself."

It was a trap. She was still offended that I wasn't aroused; honestly, why did it bother her this much?

I stood in front of her and held up the sponge her eyes were closed and she spread her legs.

I tried not to look there and started to sponge her chest down to her stomach. I lifted her arms and scrubbed her armpits as she tried her best not to laugh. I sponged her laps and thighs and was about to sponge there when she stopped me.

"I'll do it myself," she said.

I wanted to remind her how she complained about her hips but just let it slide.

After rinsing, towelling and dressing her up, we decided to go for a walk.

As I pushed the wheelchair she didn't say a word to me; in fact, she hadn't said a word to me after her bath, save for when she requested that we took a walk.

I wondered if she was still upset.

"Are you impotent Kwame?" she finally asked.

I burst into laughter and she did too.

"It's not funny," she said in between the laughter, "I was dying of embarrassment and you remained cool-headed. It made me think you were."

I let out a sigh of relief, at least we were on speaking terms.

Two kids ran ahead of us as they played with their sticks, imagining they were policemen on duty.

"When I'm all better, I'd love to have four boys and a girl," she said, "I'm sure our hips could handle it just fine."

I had Goosebumps all over, as the feeling of Deja Vu made me shudder.

"Kwame, what do you... Ah!!!" Emilia screamed and held her hips.

I held her and looked around. Yvonne was standing not so much of a distance from us and she waved.

I wanted to carry Emilia in my arms and run to a nearby hospital but she was laughing.

Emilia was laughing so hard that tears rolled down her cheek.

I thought she had run mad and I was ready to chase down the ghost and make it pay.

"The pain Kwame," Emilia said, "The pain is gone!"

What was she talking about?

Emilia stood on her feet and started to turn around and jump.

People who witnessed what happened started to gather with murmurings of Praising God.

"I can walk Kwame, I can walk!" she exclaimed and started to run in place, "Look, look, look at me."

I couldn't believe my eyes. The doctor said it would take four more months to recover. If that was the case, how was she able to walk?

"Praise the Lord, I can walk again," Emilia was so excited.

But God didn't do anything, it was the apparition.

I saw it myself.

And even as Emilia sang praises to the highest, Yvonne stood in the distance clapping her hands and dancing around.

What was God doing?