13

"We need to talk," he said.

Of course, I knew what he wanted to talk about, but I didn't quite understand the whole process myself. For some reason, I felt as if Samael was just toying with me.

Kwame was quiet for a moment, his eyes focused on the sizzling pancakes. A part of me knew it was for Emilia as he was careful enough not to let it burn; that part of me hurt.

He asked me about what I meant by the contract but I shrugged it off. Honestly, I still didn't understand how the whole thing worked. When Emilia walked into the kitchen, I felt that pain again... This time, it almost felt like I was bleeding from my head. I had to force a smile to keep Kwame from knowing.

"Come," I heard Samael call.

After bidding Kwame goodbye, I teleported to where Samael was. This time he was at a shrine of some sort. There was an old man with white chalk circling his left eye, he had a red cloth draped around his body and a small clay pot in his right hand. He wasn't alone, there were two men with him and a young boy tied up on the floor... pleading for his life.

"What is it Samael?" I asked.

"Why are you so fixated?" He asked.

"Pardon?"

There was a thud and drops of blood flew past me. I watched as the young boy's leg shook as his life force left him. The priest had beheaded him and poured the blood from his severed head into the little clay pot.

"Did you call me to watch this?" I asked almost disgusted... No... I was disgusted.

"I'm making you crippled," he said.

As soon as he said those words... I lost sensation in my legs and fell face flat.

"Wait... why did you..." I tried to ask.

"I told you about the trading didn't I?" he said, "Don't worry I'm just letting you borrow Emilia's former body for a bit."

"Former... Body?" what was he talking about this time.

"I'll explain later, they should be done by now," He said.

The soul of the boy who had been murdered appeared before Samael with tears in his eyes.

"Wipe away that filthy thing," Samael spat.

The boy sniffled and obeyed.

"I'll be taking him upstairs," Samael said as he grabbed his hand.

As they vanished, I dragged myself to my feet. The priest served one of the men the blood to drink.

I went back to Emilia's place.

As I took my seat, I noticed that Emilia hadn't finished her meal.

"Please explain everything," Kwame pleaded, I could tell he was frustrated.

I explained everything I understood; who Samael was, the deal I made on my deathbed and why I made such a deal. When I asked him why he didn't choose my cousin after my death, he wasn't pleased.

"He's still in love with you, even after a hundred years," I remembered what Samael had said.

"Why were you still attached to me?" I don't know why I asked and honestly, I was just thinking aloud. Thinking fast, I added, "Anyway, I'm glad your relationship with Emilia is going great."

 "Why did you heal Emilia? How did you heal her and how are you back?" he asked.

"I'm back because, I asked Samael to let me watch over you on the account that I assist you in any way I can; so the healing only happens if it's to help you," I replied.

Of course, I lied, if Kwame found out about the trading he would be extremely upset.

I could hear Samael call again.

God, what did he want now?