Final Arc - Ending Two

Yvonne's Conclusion

I watched as he narrated everything; his upbringing, our engagement, the curse of immortality, right to the present.

I felt a pang when Emilia accepted everything about him, I was disappointed she did. I didn't want her to accept it.

"And then they lived happily ever after," Samael said as he appeared physically beside me, "Looks like Kwame made the right choice after all."

"Yes, it seems so," I replied.

"Ho? What's this?" he smirked and poked me, "Is someone jealous that she didn't get chosen?"

"I'm not jealous, if he chose me, the spell of immortality would have been annulled and he would have aged physically to 118, he would have died," I replied.

"Yes, yes and I would have had to send him to hell," Samael seemed disappointed too.

"Why would that have been his ending though?" I asked.

"Hmm? I didn't tell you?" he stroked his chin, "You told him to find a replacement for you right? It's two things if he didn't find love, he continues to be immortal but if it turns out that you were the only one he ever wanted, then there'd be no use for his immortality."

"But why is he still alive after choosing Emilia?"

"Wait did you want him to die?" Samael raised a brow, "I mean I know I'm the angel of death but still that's too far and unfair to her don't you think."

I was quiet.

"Oh well, cheer up, it's just me and you now," he said.

"My job as his watcher is over isn't it? Don't I get to go to heaven or hell?" I asked as I followed him.

"Heaven is boring, hell is torture, trust me you wouldn't want to be in both places for eternity, besides," he turned to look at me as he stretched out his hand, "I've been lonely for thousands of years, I deserve to have a partner don't I?"

He smiled, that cold smile was gone, for the first time, it was warm.

"Fine," I agreed and took his hand, "Don't tell me you just proposed to me after my heartbreak?"

"Proposed? I find you interesting no doubt about that but love might be impossible for me," He shrugged.

"You never told me who was going to die," I remembered.

"Oh, that? Yeah, I lied."

Looks like the rest of my life would be spent with the angel who watches over those who are eternal.