6. Rescheduled

Siddharth woke up the next day with twenty missed calls and a flurry of conversation in the group chats. All from his friends.

Before he could wade through the texts he decided to call Yug. It would save some effort on his part. 

Yug answered almost instantly. 

"Sid where have you been? We've been trying to reach you all morning," he demanded. 

Siddharth glanced at the time groggily and realized it was almost 1 pm. He looked around the room and found it empty. He had slept around 5 am last night and his mother hadn't woken him up. 

"Sorry, I was asleep. What's up?" he asked sitting up in his bed. 

"The concert has been moved up. There was a mix up with the venue and it was double booked on the 6th. We could either cancel the whole thing or wrap the concert up before the end of this year." 

Siddharth groaned. 

"Moved up? How soon?" he asked. 

"A week."

"So next week?" 

Siddharth's eyes flew open. All the sleep vanished from his droopy lids. He was supposed to wrap up with this wedding before the Red Wagon concert rehearsals even began. That was the plan which worked out perfectly for him. 

Now that the date had been moved up how was he supposed to navigate both the wedding and the practice sessions?

"Unfortunately, yes. All of us are leaving the day after tomorrow. I'll send you the flight details but once we're in Jaipur we can squeeze in a couple of rehearsals before the concert." 

"Is there no other way?" Siddharth asked getting up from his bed and walking into the shower. 

"We might have to cancel this show or postpone the Kolkata show. We have discussed this all morning and this is the best possible solution, man." 

"Fine. Just make sure it isn't on the 28th or 30th. I cannot skip the actual wedding." 

"Already knew that," Yug said smugly, "We will land on the 25th. We have two practice sessions on the 26th and 27th and then the concert is on the 29th. That works for you right?" 

"Works for me but I am going to get an earful from my mother," he mumbled. 

"Great, I'll let the others know," Yug said.

"Okay."

"How's the wedding going, by the way? Any hotties who caught your attention?" Yug asked. 

Siddharth shook his head. He could picture the grin on Yug's face as he was asking him this. 

"No, Yug. It's mind-numbingly boring," he said.

"Oh c'mon. There must be something fun? Or somebody. Siddharth Kashyap, you have a reputation to uphold. Don't be so drab," Yug chastised. 

Siddharth briefly flashed to the only moments of fun so far. All of them were with Chetna. Sure she was his only source of entertainment here but he didn't think to get involved for a second. She was too... innocent. 

Over the past year, Siddharth had had several casual relationships because he didn't feel the need to branch out any further. He was too busy and the women he dated were okay with the short duration of their relationships. 

With her sheltered upbringing and idealistic worldviews, Chetna was far from the kind of women Siddharth had grown used to seeing. She did have a rebellious streak but that was the extent of it all.