17. Exposed

Chetna was still fuming by the time Chaarvi's Haldi ceremony was wrapped up and she met up with Siddharth at the reception. 

Siddharth was right there with her in terms of anger and disbelief but Chetna seemed to pass through stages of utter destruction and vengeance too. He had a hard time actually keeping her calm enough and explaining to her that barging into the dining hall and demanding an answer from her aunt would not work. 

Questions would arise as to how she found the necklace, she had no proof, her aunt could just deny her claims and so on. 

After a few tense minutes, Chetna reluctantly put the necklace back where she had found it and they stealthily exited the dreaded hallway. 

The morning was spent preparing for the Haldi ceremony and when Siddharth caught Chetna running up and down the staircase she was still scowling. 

Currently, the scowl had decreased in intensity but hadn't disappeared completely. 

Siddharth felt so bad for Chetna. He really wanted to cheer her up in any way possible. One way he knew would take her mind off the shitstorm brewing in this wedding would be by inviting her to their soundcheck. 

Chetna gave him the briefest of her bright smiles and agreed. 

That was where Chetna was driving them. 

The other members were on their way too and Siddharth just hoped he'd be able to make it through the day without them pouncing on him about Chetna. 

They had yet to talk about the kiss since the other event had overshadowed their sweet moment so much but Siddharth felt a little more comfortable in her presence. Like another invisible veil had lifted from between them. 

He wanted to broach the subject during the drive but lost his nerve. Then he cursed himself. 

You're Siddharth Kashyap! You don't feel nervous talking about relationships and boundaries.

He felt transported back to his teenaged self. Awkward, underconfident Siddharth. Who only found solace in Green Day and Linkin' Park. 

Chetna was parking the car when she suddenly turned to him.

"So, elephant in the room," she remarked. 

Siddharth looked at her quizzically and then understood what she meant a second later. 

The kiss. 

"Yeah," he said and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"How um... how do we behave? Do you... uh..." Chetna trailed off awkwardly. 

Then they both laughed at how flustered they were. 

"I think it is best if we put this conversation off till after your practice. Or you'll be a fumbling mess," she joked. 

"I couldn't agree more," Siddharth said and they both got out of the car and walked inside the auditorium.

"Have you been here before?" Siddharth asked Chetna as they walked towards the stage. 

"Not really, I have even been to a concert before."

"So your first time is with me?" he asked and then realized what his sentence implied.

Chetna looked flustered again but then looked at him,

"Yes. Yes, it is," she said softly. 

Siddharth knew that her admission was more than just about the concert. He kept mum till they were near the green room.