4- Can we talk?

Brooke's P.O.V.

It was now Friday, I was walking into the restaurant where I was meeting Emily for lunch.

It's been a week since my night with Reed and I have yet to talk to him or anyone else about that night.

"Hey!" I said as she got up from her chair.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked, giving me a hug.

"I'm good, sorry that I'm a little late. Roommate troubles."

"Really? Because of-"

"Nooo! She doesn't know that anything happened between Reed and I."

She started laughing, "I didn't mean him, but... since you brought it up."

"Yeah... I still don't want to talk about it."

The waitress came over and took our drink and food order since we already knew what we wanted.

Okay, I lied. I kind of wanted to talk about it.

"So... did Reed say anything about me?" I questioned.

Her smile grew, "A little."

"Really, like what? Nevermind, I don't want to know."

She just continued smiling at me.

"Please stop smiling. I have never done anything like that in my entire life. I don't know what in the world came over me."

"I'm not smiling to tease you, I'm smiling because you two would make the cutest couple and I'm happy something finally happened."

"Couple? Finally?"

"Yes. We all kind of thought you and Reed would be good together, you know."

"We?"

"Yeah, Chris and I, Matt, Adam and Tiff, Ken-"

"Okay, I get it."

She smiled again, "Can I ask you something?"

I hesitated, "I guess."

"If Reed didn't date Vanessa and met you that day instead, would you see him as someone you could possibly date?"

I nodded, "Of course I would."

That was one hundred percent the truth.

"I don't know if I should call and apologize for freaking out like I did or leave it as if nothing ever happened, but if I leave it will he think I hate him, because I don't."

"Have you been pondering these questions all week?"

"Yes." I groaned. "I haven't told anyone, not even Corey. Not talking about it has made me go insane."

"I think you should talk to him."

The waitress brought over our food and we started eating.

"I don't know if I can, not yet anyways. When you see him just make sure he knows I don't hate him."

"He knows. He also knows you feel bad because of Vanessa."

I nodded my head, "I don't even know why I feel bad? She wasn't the greatest to him and what she did to him was terrible. I'm honestly surprised he was with her for that long."

"Speaking of 'it', as Chris would say. What's going on between the two of you? You said you had roommate troubles."

"I was on the phone with our landlord. Nothing I say to Vanessa sinks in. Her boyfriend, Tom, is something else. They're so loud when they come home from one of his gigs and even louder when they go to bed. Sometimes the band comes over afterward and they party until 5am before they finally all pass out. We have had a few noise complaints. Oh and then Tom had the nerve to ask me to join him and Vanessa one night. The looks he gives me just creep me out too."