15- Meeting his family

Brooke's P.O.V.

I grumbled under my breath as I hit the send button.

"What are you doing over there?" Reed asked, grabbing a hold of my hand as we made our way to his parents house.

"Sorry, I'm texting Vanessa really quick."

"Why?"

"I have to tell her, Reed. It's going to come out sooner or later and we have some of the same friends. Don't you think it will be best if it's coming from me?"

"Yes, but I don't like you having to do this by yourself. I can go with you, if you want?"

"I think it's going to be better coming from just me. Bringing you would be like stirring the pot."

"When is this happening?"

"Wednesday afternoon. We're having dinner together."

I could tell he didn't like the idea very much, but I didn't have a choice. My belly wasn't going to be getting any smaller and I owed it to her to tell her and soon. Maybe she wouldn't care like I thought she would and I was worrying for nothing?

Oh who am I kidding, this is Vanessa.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes." I put my phone away and shook away my jitters. "So, are we getting close?"

"Yes. Just a few more miles."

****
Pulling up to the Andrews residence, I suddenly got nervous again. It was a beautiful two story house in a quiet little suburb.

He helped me out and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"I'll grab our bags."

"I can help you."

Walking up to the house, the door opened and an older couple that had both resembled Reed in different ways came outside.

"Reed. I'm so glad you're home." His mother cried as she embraced him in a tight hug. I smiled, watching as Reed hugged her back as his Dad joined in.

Pulling away, he turned towards me, wrapping his one arm around my lower back. "Dad, Mom this is Brooke, my girlfriend. Brooke, these are my parents, Walter and Katherine."

"Hello, it's very nice to meet the both of you."

"You too, Brooke." Katherine said, pulling me into a warm hug that I gladly welcomed. Her arm stayed wrapped around my waist as I shook Walters hand before Katherine guided me inside with the boys following close behind.

"This is a beautiful home, Mrs. Andrews."

"Please, call me Kathy and thank you. I love it here. Reed darling, you can put all those bags downstairs. I have the room all set up for you and Brooke to stay in."

My eyes widened as I looked at Reed who was equally confused. I had no problem sharing a room with Reed, I just wasn't expecting it.

"Is something wrong? Would you rather have the upstairs bedroom? That bathroom doesn't have a shower though and I thought the basement would give you all the privacy you both needed."

"No, Mom. That's perfect I just didn't-"

Kathy started laughing, "Your father and I are under no assumptions you guys don't share a bedroom back home."

She placed her hand on the side of his face with a smile before guiding me to the kitchen.

"Would you like anything to drink, Brooke?"