10- 8 week Appointment

Reed's P.O.V.

Today was the day of Brooke's first doctor appointment. So many different emotions were running through my head... Excited. Scared. Nervous.

One thing I was certain about, I was glad I was doing this with Brooke.

"Man, what's with you today?" Chris questioned before he cut his board.

"Nothing?"

"You seem different. A good different. Does this have anything to do with a cute blonde?"

I instantly smiled, "I've been talking to her a lot. Like every day for the past few weeks."

Chris quit what he was doing, "And I'm just hearing about this now?"

"There's nothing to tell, we're just talking."

"That's awesome, man. I'm happy for you and hopefully soon there will be something to tell."

If you only knew.

"Yeah, hopefully. Anyways, remember today's the day I'm leaving. I won't be able to answer so don't call, if it's an emergency send a text and I'll get back to you as soon as possible."

"Alright, you're still not going to tell me what's going on?"

"It's nothing, family stuff."

He looked at me weird, probably because we usually told each other everything. I hated keeping this from him but didn't want to jinx this thing with Brooke and the baby. I was so excited to become a Dad and I would do anything to keep Brooke happy so if I had to wait a few more weeks to tell people our news, that's what I was going to do.

"Okay, anyways you know the party in a few weeks?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you invite Brooke?"

"Yeah, I bet she would love to come."

"Good, Emily would love it if she was there too."

"I'll ask her." I looked down at my watch. "Alright, I have to go so I'm not late. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Later."

Jumping in my truck, I headed to my apartment. I quickly showered, changed and got back into my truck and headed over to Brooke's house.

Brooke came out of the house as I pulled up. I got out of the truck and ran over to the passenger side. "Hey."

"Hi, are you ready for this?" She asked, as we kissed the side of each other's cheek.

"Actually, I am."

She smiled, "Me too."

I helped her up, closing the door for her after she got in and jogged to the driver's side and got in.

"How was your morning?" She asked as I started driving.

"Good, nothing too exciting today. I wasn't much help at work today because I kept thinking about this appointment."

She started giggling. "I know, I kept looking at the time, which seemed to make it go even slower."

*****
Walking into the doctor's office, I started to get more nervous.

"A 12:00 for Brooklyn Jamison." Brooke told the receptionist behind the counter.

"Yes, I'll get you all checked in. I need you to fill out this paperwork and they should be out to get you shortly."

"Thank you."

I followed Brooke over to the chairs, sitting down next to her as she started filling out the paperwork.