26- Hello, Princess

Reed's P.O.V.

I parked my truck and rushed back into the hospital, running up to the nurse that was going to bring me back to Brooke.

"What was your name?" The nurse asked as we walked to the elevators.

"Reed."

"Is this your first baby?"

"Yes. Is it that noticeable?"

She started laughing, "Yes, it's okay. Everyone is nervous, especially with their first little one."

Getting off the elevator, we walked down the hall to a room. She knocked before we walked in. They already had Brooke in a hospital gown and was laying her down on the bed when we walked in.

She looked over at me, relieved to see me.

"Brooke, your six centimeters dilated. I'm going to call your doctor and let her know what's going on. I'll be right back." The nurse said before she looked over at me, "Are you the father?"

"Yes."

"Okay, you can go over to her. My name's Vicky, these other nurses are going to hook her up to monitors and get her set up." She gave me a warm smile, squeezing my arm before she walked out the door.

I walked over to Brooke's side. I ran a few of my fingers over the top of her head, removing the stray hairs from her face.

"You doing okay, B."

"I don't know if I can do this." She whispered.

I placed my lips on her cheek, lingering for a few minutes before I gave her a kiss. "You're going to do great. I'll be here the whole time with you."

She nodded. "I know." She held her stomach in pain, as the nurses ran around, getting things ready.

"Brooke, do you still want that epidural?" One nurse asked.

"Yes!"

"I'll let them know, they'll be here shortly."

A little while later, Dr. Lamm walked in. "Hey Brooke, I'm going to check to see if you've dilated anymore since you've gotten here."

Brooke nodded as Dr. Lamm washed her hands. She looked at the monitors as she put gloves on.

She reached under Brooke's gown, slightly pushing on her stomach and nodded. "You're dilated to seven. She's still in the position where she needs to be for delivery, so that's great. Do you or Reed have any questions about anything?"

"She can still get an epidural, correct?" I questioned.

"Yes, they should be here any minute. They were just finishing up with another patient. Brooke, you're doing great. If you or Reed need anything or you have any questions before I come back, have them page me."

"Thank you."

She gave us a smile before walking out of the room.

As she walked out another person came in with a cart.

"Hi, Brooke, my name's Ross. I'm here to give you the epidural."

"Please!" Brooke pleaded.

For the amount of pain I could see that she was in, she was doing amazing. Ross Instructed her what to do and I helped her in any way that I could.

She was sitting up, facing me. I had a hold of her elbows as she leaned into my chest.

"Okay Brooke, I'm going to have to hold extremely still for me when I give this to you, alright?" Ross instructed.